Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #21

Thanks for getting back to me. N my couch the front panel can be tilted up to access the storage compartment underneath the couch. It’s got square hooks that hold it to the frame. Should be easy to replace. Does anyone know how the footrest is raised? By a pull cable? Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:18 PM   #22

Hi. Nice to see you on this forum too. Hopefully you'll find your floorplan soon, spring is in 2 weeks!
Old 03-06-2018, 09:50 PM   #23

If someone can get some halfway detailed pictures, I'm sure something could be fabbed up pretty easy for those that are interested.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #24
Canoeing and camping fun

Sofa design

My husband would love it!! If there put the new sofa in a 2503S might have to consider trading earlier than expected. If anyone figures this out please share I can raid my husband's tool box to try a mod like this.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlehouse View Post
Hi. Nice to see you on this forum too. Hopefully you'll find your floorplan soon, spring is in 2 weeks!
Thanks! I hope you will post updates on your adventures this season
JaysFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #26

[QUOTE=Micksmydad;1747209]Add a headrest and that would be the cats meow [emoji192]

You are not kidding.

The new couch /footrest is nice but we have been searching for a headrest for the couch on our murphybed 1905.

I realize for everything to fit when the couch is folded out to put the bed down, the backrest can't be higher than it is, BUT, for sitting watching tv or anything really, that couch needs a higher backrest.

We have been searching for some type of big floor pillow or something we could stick up on top that would also serve to prop you up with the bed down to watch tv or sort of sitting up reading, but the big gap between the couch and bed is a problem.

Anyone out there come up with a solution for this situation? Pics and a link to where you "got it" would sure be nice.

On a different note, we solved the footrest with a 36" long ottoman that the lid comes off and doubles for storage. It has the leather look of the couch and the color match ain't bad.

Got it from Amazon after a Google images search for ottomans, I can't find my link to it, but do the search and you will see a bunch of 'em.
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:15 PM   #27

[QUOTE=6CatDaddy;1749732]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micksmydad View Post
Add a headrest and that would be the cats meow [emoji192]

You are not kidding.

....... for sitting watching tv or anything really, that couch needs a higher backrest.

Anyone out there come up with a solution for this situation? Pics and a link to where you "got it" would sure be nice. .....
We solved that problem with two large tube pillows that DW made(stuffed with sewing scraps, pillow foam, ect.). They serve double duty, when the bed is down, those are used to push into and fill the void at the head of the bed(fills it perfectly and actually adds length to the bed), ... when the bed is up they rest as shown(covering the space behind the sofa and serving as nice head/neck rest for the couch. The pic is old(post #11 in link below), ... now we dress them up by laying two large beach towels over them when the bed is up, .... the towels are very large and can double as extra bed cover if needed at night, or cover for an afternoon nap on the couch. ..... will post more recent pics if interested(if I can find them).

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-100925-2.html

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:20 PM   #28

Very nice.
Thanks for posting that fella10!
Will have to get to work on making pillows like that for ours!

Thank again!
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CatDaddy View Post
Very nice. ....
thank you, .... found newer pics, ..... they also show another mod that we're happy with, .... to us the mirror in the foot of the MB is a nice touch, doesn't do anything special, but we like it, .... 2nd pic shows sofa laid flat, ..... with it down like that, its actually large enough that we can both take an afternoon nap at the same time(that is if everybody's in a good mood ), .....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0580.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	164610   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0586.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	164611  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #30

A large body pillow works great at the top of the couch. Then at night we put it at the head of the bed. I did finally open it and add more stuffing then sewed it back up. It just needed to be a little firmer to stay in place.
rcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #31

We keep a couple of the collapsible hassocks from Camping World under the couch. Easy to fold up and get out of the way. We usually put them under the dinette at night all folded up or back under the couch.
rcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #32

I tried...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abendage View Post
Thanks for posting that str8t six! That looks pretty slick and it appears to be all surface mounted to the front of the couch. I would think it would be pretty easy to replace the front panel of the couch with that set up. Very interesting. It would be awesome of FR would come out with a retrofit kit, we'll have to wait a bit for these to roll out then go hound my dealer on some parts prices.
Abendage...I tried to get someone at FR/FLAGSTAFF who would investigate that possibility and also contacted my dealer because FR won’t sell parts direct.
I got a somewhat snotty email back and another that said the new design would not work for a retro fit.
I’m pretty handy. I’ll make it work if they would just sell me the parts! Bet you would too!
Chief Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #33

I haven't heard back from the dealer, I think they gave up. Upon further inspection, the release handles are built into the arm rest so it won't be as simple as just replacing that front panel.

I have given up on the idea once I saw the pics of the handles in the arm rests. I'm just going to continue to put my 110lb dog's bed in front of the couch and use him as a foot rest. As an added bonus he's heated! As a downside, he farts a lot.
Abendage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:55 PM   #34

I was hoping to add that to our couch. Wonder what the whole couch costs? Jay
Old 03-21-2018, 11:45 PM   #35

Update on factory contact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
I was hoping to add that to our couch. Wonder what the whole couch costs? Jay
I just got another email from the FR people who said that they couldn’t sell the parts and provided a contact at Lippert, the original couch manufacturer.

My local dealer said that his guy at Rockwood told him we could replace the entire couch with the upgraded footrest for $1500...ouch.

PM me if you want it or I’ll update as I progress.
Chief Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #36

Please update here. I think there are a lot of people here that want to know. Thank you. Jay
Old 06-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #37

Any updates on this sofa with footrest? We have a 21DS (2018) and would *love* this!
Npmathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:39 PM   #38

My wife and I....

Have the foot rest on our 2019 2507s mini lite and love it so far. Only used the rv 12 nights so far but so far so good.

Have a Jesus filled day
Greg in Michigan
Greg in michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:06 PM   #39
Love Our 18 Cottage 40CCK

Part #'s

I just contacted Lippert Components and was told similar - that they would not sell these sofas to consumers, only OEM's. They also stated that my best best was to try to get FR to order it for directly. Though they said that even that might be next to impossible. I did however get the part #'s and names from the person I spoke with. I cannot guarantee 100% accuracy here; since he was working off of a spreadsheet that didn't specify exactly which Rockwood model. It only specified the murphy bed.

Lippert Components

72" Murphy Bed w/Notch & Kick-Out's

Ambre Pebble Color

Levi Chocolate Color

If anyone has more information to add and/or is successful at somehow ordering one of these; please let everyone know how you did it!
desertcottage40cck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:11 PM   #40

swivel tray

Has anyone been able to track down a vendor for the swivel tray in the 2019's? This seems like a great mod if we could locate a supplier.
Nathan 18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed