Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2021, 12:11 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyz View Post
Maybe you are right.. let me push all around and tighten it up a bit. Maybe one of it got loose. But so far no water or leak inside that windows area anywhere. So I cannot confirm where are how that water come from.

thank you for the suggestion..
No worries, hopefully that does the trick.
awd.nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Surprisingly I can't contribute to that list.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"
That's great to hear.

All I can say is I won't be growing old anytime soon with my trailer
CustomBuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:18 AM   #23

Our trailer doesn't have any sort of sealant or caulking between the window and the trim (inside or out), and we don't have any leaks on the inside or bottom of that door.

We have had issues with that window due to condensation on the inside of the window. With my daughter in the bottom bunk and it being cool and rainy outside, the fabric window cover was soaked through and the part of the mattress that touches the fabric/window was wet as well. We've done a better job dealing with condensation since then, but still had issues with that particular window even with good venting and airflow. My daughter is taking the top bunk this year so she doesn't have to deal with a wet mattress or sheets. We'll see if she feels the same in the middle of July!

Not sure if your trailer was occupied or not during the rain event, but if it wasn't, it may still could be condensation. Depending on how quickly the humidity may have risen, it may explain the water on the inside of the camper. That's just a guess though!

We've had some wet weather here the past couple of weeks and the humidity inside our trailer was pushing 80% with nobody in the trailer. We normally keep the vent in the bathroom open slightly to try to help with some airflow. We used one of the smaller Eva-dry dehumidifiers to try to help with that over the winter and it needed to be recharged a couple times. It will need to be recharged again soon as long as we continue to have wet weather here.
Old 03-17-2021, 11:30 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE0OUA View Post
Our trailer doesn't have any sort of sealant or caulking between the window and the trim (inside or out), and we don't have any leaks on the inside or bottom of that door.

We have had issues with that window due to condensation on the inside of the window. With my daughter in the bottom bunk and it being cool and rainy outside, the fabric window cover was soaked through and the part of the mattress that touches the fabric/window was wet as well. We've done a better job dealing with condensation since then, but still had issues with that particular window even with good venting and airflow. My daughter is taking the top bunk this year so she doesn't have to deal with a wet mattress or sheets. We'll see if she feels the same in the middle of July!

Not sure if your trailer was occupied or not during the rain event, but if it wasn't, it may still could be condensation. Depending on how quickly the humidity may have risen, it may explain the water on the inside of the camper. That's just a guess though!

We've had some wet weather here the past couple of weeks and the humidity inside our trailer was pushing 80% with nobody in the trailer. We normally keep the vent in the bathroom open slightly to try to help with some airflow. We used one of the smaller Eva-dry dehumidifiers to try to help with that over the winter and it needed to be recharged a couple times. It will need to be recharged again soon as long as we continue to have wet weather here.
KE0OUA!!

You are spot on!!! I think it is condensation. But what causes it? It was raining last night and this happened in the morning when I woke up. As you described. The windows is wet and the windows blind was also wet and it leak to the bedcover. same thing. My son my sleeping on the top bed and I was sleeping at the bottom bed. what causes this? is it because we didn't have any windows open and it got so stuffy inside with the heater firing on at 68F?

So the thing to do is open the air vent inside the bathroom and get a eva-dry dehumidifiers?
is this the one you got?
https://www.amazon.com/Improved-Eva-...5998654&sr=8-4

Where do you put it in the trailer? do you suppose to put it where the wet spot is?

Thank you.. again for your time.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:00 PM   #25

Quote:
KE0OUA!!

You are spot on!!! I think it is condensation. But what causes it? It was raining last night and this happened in the morning when I woke up. As you described. The windows is wet and the windows blind was also wet and it leak to the bedcover. same thing. My son my sleeping on the top bed and I was sleeping at the bottom bed. what causes this? is it because we didn't have any windows open and it got so stuffy inside with the heater firing on at 68F?

So the thing to do is open the air vent inside the bathroom and get a eva-dry dehumidifiers?
is this the one you got?
https://www.amazon.com/Improved-Eva-...5998654&sr=8-4

Where do you put it in the trailer? do you suppose to put it where the wet spot is?

Thank you.. again for your time.
There's countless posts on here and elsewhere online about condensation and how to deal with it. You'll find recommendations ranging from airflow to buckets of DampRid, and everything in between. We've found the airflow way and a small dehumidifier works well for us. Your mileage may vary.

We will slightly open a window (i think we did the kitchen one usually) and the bathroom vent and turn the fan on low. That will get some airflow going and help exhaust the humidity that you and your son are creating just through body heat and breathing. When the warm, moist air inside the camper meets the windows that are colder, you'll get condensation forming on the windows.

Our first trip out, we had major condensation issues to the point water was dripping off the inside of the front windshield. I put a towel on the ledge to keep the water from running down the wall. By the time we started to ventilate the trailer it was too late. We also had to air out the mattress and let the wood the mattress is on dry as the wood was damp from the condensation that formed there. We've since gotten a HyperVent to go under the bunk mattresses.

I've got a temperature and humidity display in the trailer now so we can keep an eye on things and take action sooner if we need to.

As for the dehumidifier, the one you linked to is the one we got. Over the winter, we just put it on the dinette table. When we camped late last year, we typically kept it on the table when we weren't needing to sit. Otherwise, we moved it around where it wasn't in the way.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE0OUA View Post
There's countless posts on here and elsewhere online about condensation and how to deal with it. You'll find recommendations ranging from airflow to buckets of DampRid, and everything in between. We've found the airflow way and a small dehumidifier works well for us. Your mileage may vary.

We will slightly open a window (i think we did the kitchen one usually) and the bathroom vent and turn the fan on low. That will get some airflow going and help exhaust the humidity that you and your son are creating just through body heat and breathing. When the warm, moist air inside the camper meets the windows that are colder, you'll get condensation forming on the windows.

Our first trip out, we had major condensation issues to the point water was dripping off the inside of the front windshield. I put a towel on the ledge to keep the water from running down the wall. By the time we started to ventilate the trailer it was too late. We also had to air out the mattress and let the wood the mattress is on dry as the wood was damp from the condensation that formed there. We've since gotten a HyperVent to go under the bunk mattresses.

I've got a temperature and humidity display in the trailer now so we can keep an eye on things and take action sooner if we need to.

As for the dehumidifier, the one you linked to is the one we got. Over the winter, we just put it on the dinette table. When we camped late last year, we typically kept it on the table when we weren't needing to sit. Otherwise, we moved it around where it wasn't in the way.
What you described is exactly what happened to me and I thought it was rain from the night. As stated. I pour 2 gallon of water from the outside of windows and nothing was wet inside. So this make me feel so good about the leak now.

This is my first time experience this condensation. Something new to me while camping.. Will get a humidity reader and some de humidity and as you suggested when sleeping open the restroom vent a little just for air to flow through and turn on the air vent to the lowest. Hopefully this will help reduce the condensation.

Wow. I cannot believe your first trip you are facing with major condensation. Is it because the GEO PRO 20bhs is too small? that is why causing alot of condensation? My friend got a Grand Design Imagine 2400BHS and don't have that issues. I think bigger trailer do not have that issues because there is alot of air flow.

thank you..
Old 03-19-2021, 11:20 AM   #27

It’s just condensation inside the window. I have the same thing on n my 2021 20bhs.
Pugetsoundcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:11 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugetsoundcamper View Post
It’s just condensation inside the window. I have the same thing on n my 2021 20bhs.
yeah. thanks!! I didn't know at first and I thought water was leaking from the rain last night. I can't believe so much water came out of the condensation. Learned something new..

Going to open a little vent in the bathroom and also turn the fan to low and brought a dehumidifier to put in the bunk bed and see if this improve it..

thank you
Old 03-19-2021, 01:36 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
yeah. thanks!! I didn't know at first and I thought water was leaking from the rain last night. I can't believe so much water came out of the condensation. Learned something new..

Going to open a little vent in the bathroom and also turn the fan to low and brought a dehumidifier to put in the bunk bed and see if this improve it..

thank you
Newbies often close up their RV tight, as if it was a submarine. Air flow is very important to prevent condensation.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:14 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Newbies often close up their RV tight, as if it was a submarine. Air flow is very important to prevent condensation.
yeah!! wife says its cold outside.. didn't know we need to let air out hahahaah..

Does condensation also happen to bigger trailer? like 28 foot or higher? or it only happen more on smaller trailer.?
Old 03-19-2021, 02:52 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
yeah!! wife says its cold outside.. didn't know we need to let air out hahahaah..

Does condensation also happen to bigger trailer? like 28 foot or higher? or it only happen more on smaller trailer.?
IMHO, it's more common in smaller trailers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, geo pro, leak, storage