Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2019, 07:01 PM   #1

New GeoPro 19bh

Hi all!
We will be picking up our new GeoPro19bh in a few weeks, and are really looking forward to it. We have always had a tent or pop up so this is a serious upgrade for us.
I have searched and can’t find any other posts on the 19bh so I figured I would start one.
I’d love any insight from GeoPro owners, and especially any 19bh owners out there. We still have snow on the ground, so we won’t be camping for a while, but I still can’t wait to get it home to set it up.
I have read in other posts to run the heater before camping to burn off any residue in case the smoke detector goes off. Are there any other suggestions of things to do/operate before we take it out on our first trip?
Thanks!
MamaSkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:42 PM   #2

I'll state the obvious, set it up in your driveway and run all the systems a few times before venturing out. Do your learning and troubleshooting at home. Have you downloaded all the owners manuals? There is a bunch of them. At least breeze thru them and then keep with you. Don't forget a tool kit. Do you know how change a tire and have the tools to do so? Extra fuses? Exercise your procedures as well, hitching up, setting up camp, etc. I always check the torque on the lug nuts before each voyage.
DES-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkel View Post
Hi all!
We will be picking up our new GeoPro19bh in a few weeks, and are really looking forward to it. We have always had a tent or pop up so this is a serious upgrade for us.
I have searched and can’t find any other posts on the 19bh so I figured I would start one.
I’d love any insight from GeoPro owners, and especially any 19bh owners out there. We still have snow on the ground, so we won’t be camping for a while, but I still can’t wait to get it home to set it up.
I have read in other posts to run the heater before camping to burn off any residue in case the smoke detector goes off. Are there any other suggestions of things to do/operate before we take it out on our first trip?
Thanks!
Nice! I'm new here but signed up just to say I too am looking at this model too. What will you be towing it with?
PFeezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DES-1 View Post
I'll state the obvious, set it up in your driveway and run all the systems a few times before venturing out. Do your learning and troubleshooting at home. Have you downloaded all the owners manuals? There is a bunch of them. At least breeze thru them and then keep with you. Don't forget a tool kit. Do you know how change a tire and have the tools to do so? Extra fuses? Exercise your procedures as well, hitching up, setting up camp, etc. I always check the torque on the lug nuts before each voyage.
x2 on what DES-1 said. I bought a Geo Pro 19FBS a couple months ago (first trailer) and did MOST things at the house. Still had a few issues on first couple times out because i did not do EVERYTHING. I feel the quailty of the Geo Pro is really good even though i do not have anything to compare it to. Hope you enjoy it.
baseballbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFeezzy View Post
Nice! I'm new here but signed up just to say I too am looking at this model too. What will you be towing it with?
Toyota Tacoma v6 with the factory installed tow package.
MamaSkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #6

Learned the hard way on pre-running the heater. Our 16BH’s maiden voyage got a tad cold that night. The smoke detector worked.
RFishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:44 PM   #7

We received ours (19BH) back in March and have been enjoying getting it all setup as well as personalizing! There is a real good chance you will get yours in its winterized state, so be prepared to either de-winterize it yourself or pay the dealer to have it done. There are a ton of great video tutorials on YouTube on how to do this but none I found specific to the GeoPro, that said its not overly difficult.
LCCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:31 AM   #8
Trailer Park Supervisor

Use the search window and enter geo pro e pro (they are the same). You will be kept busy reading for hours.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:41 AM   #9
GeoPro Owner

Tried to buy a 19BH but couldn't find one anywhere local to me here in NW Wyoming. Very nice unit. We ended up buying the 19QB and love it.

We tried towing with a Tacoma V6 and it just struggled too much on the mountain passes around here. Ended up buying a V8 Tundra.
bsinc1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:09 PM   #10
Geo Pro Owner

We just bought a 19BH as well this past weekend in Colorado. This is our first camper so we will see how it goes. First trip will be up in Rocky Mountain National Park, Memorial Day weekend.
Brian Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #11

We just drove 4250kms to Ohio to pick up a 2019 GeoPro 19 FD. trailers really smooth behind the 2018 F250 gas.

great weekend trailer for short commutes into Maine or PEI NS Canada.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:54 PM   #12
Trailer Park Supervisor

Milcop, mine is towing very nicely too with an f150. Make sure you check shank bolts on your WDH now and then, my E2 WDH bolts loosened up somewhat during break-in. Those bolts should be torqued to 250 ft lbs.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:45 PM   #13
Geo Pro Owner

Geo Pro 19BH - Things I've Learned So Far

So we decided to take our 2019 Geo Pro 19BH for a spin this weekend in our driveway so we could work out all the kinks before being miles from home and I'm really glad we did.

First, picking up the trailer from my storage spot on Friday I found that my battery was dead. Not a great start. I had turned the battery cutoff switch off and pulled the key, but apparently that wasn't enough to keep the brand new Interstate SRM-24 battery from being drained in 1 week. Luckily it only took about 2 minutes of being hooked up to my tow vehicle 7 prong trailer plug to have my brake controller(Tekonsha Prodigy P3) change from showing a "Caution! Power Loss Check Breaks" warning to being normal. Also the tongue jack started working again.

It turns out as others including NJKris have pointed out the factory installed battery cutoff switch does not turn everything off. Specifically the factory installed inverter(WF-5110R) and the solar controller(Go Power PWM-30). Usually the solar should supply enough power to offset any small draw from the LCD, but mine was not, more on that later.

Once I got the camper back in the driveway I dug a bit deeper into the electrical system. First I plugged the camper into shore (house) power using a 15 amp plug in my garage with a 15 amp to 30 amp adapter, a Camco circuit analyzer/surge protector, and the deal supplied Furrion 30 amp extension cord. The thing that worried me at this point was the circuit analyzer was showing "open neutral", but only when I had it plugged into the camper. It turns out this went away after charging the battery over night.

The thing that puzzled me was my solar controller kept showing night. I measured the voltage on the panel leads going into the controller and saw 0 volts. I climbed up on the roof and measured the panel output directly and got the nominal ~18v. I noticed a bit of a loose connection on one of the MC4 connectors, but didn't know how to fix it at that point so I watched this tutorial. Specifically step four of making sure you push the wire in till you hear a "click". Climbed back on the roof, covered the solar panel so I didn't get a shock, fixed the MC4 connector going into the roof and I was back to producing 2+ amps of delicious free electricity. (Turns out the wires run behind the microwave which isn't that hard to take out, not that I ended up needing to, but it is tricky to get back in reaching the plug in the way back of the cabinet).

After getting the electrical squared I hooked up the city water using first a high flow water regulator, followed by a RV Water filter, then a 50' Drinking Hose. Before hooking it to the camper I ran it for a while into a buck to get all that carbon particles out of the filter. Then hooked it to the city water intake on the camper. Was all good for a bit as the internal water filter started to fill up (nice thread about that topic here, I might ditch it and do the bypass described) then water started pouring out of my water heater cover. Forgot the dealer had pulled the anode rode. Put that in (1-1/16" socket and I need to get a 6" extender for it). Water system worked great without any problems.

I went searching for the inverter, just because I wanted to see it. It is under the dinette seat with the remote control panel for the inverter. You can see it by taking out the drawer (took me a bit to figure out how to disengage the slides). So even when the inverter is off it pulls .1A and when it is on with no load it pulls 2.4A.

At this point I am writing this post from inside my camper and tomorrow I will try to setup the wifi ranger, test out all the water tanks (not city water), and maybe make some pancakes on the range.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinc1962 View Post
Tried to buy a 19BH but couldn't find one anywhere local to me here in NW Wyoming. Very nice unit. We ended up buying the 19QB and love it.
We were looking for a 19QB but only found a dealer that had 19FB near Montreal, so we ended up ordering a brand new 19QB back in February.

My dealer says our new unit will be built tomorrow (April 30) and will be delivered by mid-May... can't wait.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:22 AM   #15
Trailer Park Supervisor

Brian, I had the same issue with my solar, showing no solar input. I pulled the controller fromm the wall and discovered terminals were not torqued properly and I wasn't getting a good connection, if it ever happens again to you. Everything worked well during our first real trip over the weekend, except our big window shade over our dinette, wife pulled down shade and the bar at the bottom of the shade pulled off the shade material! I called the mfr of our shades and they explained how to fix it, sounds easy, but not intuitive. They had a bad batch go out. Anybody needs instructions, let me know.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:31 PM   #16
Geo Pro Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Brian, I had the same issue with my solar, showing no solar input. I pulled the controller fromm the wall and discovered terminals were not torqued properly and I wasn't getting a good connection, if it ever happens again to you. Everything worked well during our first real trip over the weekend, except our big window shade over our dinette, wife pulled down shade and the bar at the bottom of the shade pulled off the shade material! I called the mfr of our shades and they explained how to fix it, sounds easy, but not intuitive. They had a bad batch go out. Anybody needs instructions, let me know.
Yeah, that shade seemed really stiff. Had pull down carefully and evenly with two hands. Hopefully we don't rip it off ourselves.

Yeah checking the back of the solar controller connections was the first thing I checked. Seems all good now. I'm curious to see if it will keep my battery topped off now.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
2 questions
We just picked up our GeoPro19Fd Easter weekend. I am cleaning up the wiring in the front 2 hatches (what a mess of wires) so I can use the spaces without the bloody panels screwed into the work spaces.

Question 1 since I have not been into the trailer more than 2 times. can you post a pic of your controller so I know what I should be looking for I the event mine is not doing what it is supposed to do and

Question 2 on the first trip in my wife had the shade pull down do what yours did. your instructions may save my head from hurting.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:46 PM   #18

DW also just ordered one of these units for our batteries. I had one on our 2012 Salem when I installed a second battery as we were off grid quite a bit.

it allowed me to charge both batteries, battery one or two or use one or two.

Similar to using both propane tanks in an open state the bad thing is when you are out of juice you're out of JUICE.
at least with one tank open you know that if the second is full you can make it to the next stop ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	selector.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	203174  
Old 04-29-2019, 06:12 PM   #19
Trailer Park Supervisor

MilCop, PM me your phone number and I'll explain it to you, it's easy but too much to type.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:43 PM   #20
Geo Pro Owner

MilCop the solar controller looks like this:

In the G19FD I think it is on the wall between the dinette and the bathroom.