Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #1

New guy question Rockwood 2608

I have been researching the Rockwood 2608WS. We like the floor plan, very similar to the Sunline 380, which may have been our next TT had they remained in business. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone could help me with.
First it is my understanding both the 13.5 and 15,000 BTU air conditioner is ducted. Would anyone recommend the larger unit for that size trailer or is the 13.5 enough?
Another question is has anybody used the thermo pane window option on the tinted bonded window? Does it help at all with the condensation?
Thank you in advance for your opinions,
MM
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Paul & Sheri

The 13.5 ducted A/C works fine in my Rockwood 30 footer and a lot quieter than the one in my T-1950. Welcome to the FROG's. I hope it all works out for you. You may become an SOB as did I assuming you're the same Makers Mark. (means Some Other Brand for those not familiar with Sunline Owners Group. Since they haven't made Sunlines since 2006, SOB's can stay in the group).

By the way, after two seasons there's nothing I don't like about my Rockwood.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
jbk

Thumbs up

We have the same camper in the Flagstaff line, 26FKWS. We opted for the 15,000 unit and couldn't happier with it! Took a 4500 mile trip this past summer from North Carolina to South Dakota and back. The A/C unit is quiet and had no problem keeping up with intense heat in Kansas and Illinois! We don't have the double pane windows, but the only condensation issue we have had is with the bathroom vent - seems the insulation is a bit thin or missing where the duct passes the vent trim. My wife and I love the floor plan! BTW welcome to the forum!!
jbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #4

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes pwb01, I am the same Makers Mark. Guess I too will be a “SOB”, although others prefer to use the term “Sunline Alumni”. Good to hear of your satisfaction with the Rockwood. Glad to hear the ducted units are quieter; I’m sure my 2363 is just as loud as your 1950 was.

jbk, for my wife and I it is all about the floor plan. The 2608 is very similar to the Sunline 380 with a major improvement in the layout of the mid ship bath. Think I will take your recommendation with the 15 BTU air. My wife seems more concerned with keeping it cooler than warmer these days.

MM
Old 11-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makers Mark View Post
Would anyone recommend the larger unit for that size trailer or is the 13.5 enough?

MM
Hey, MM, welcome.
Get the 15. Our 2604 is the same TT, just different floor plan. If you ever camp in hot weather where the afternoon sun is on the trailer, the 15 will have all it wants. It happened to us this July 4th. The 13 will be overwhelmed, IMHO.
We didn't get the thermopanes so I can't help there.

Teach
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #6

Thanks Teach,
The 15BTU is on the list.
MM

Tags
rockwood