Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2021, 05:18 PM   #1

Smile New Mini Lite 2205s after 7 months and 12,000 miles

Our new 2205S has served us well. Picked it up in December at RV Wholesalers and we’ve camped over 70 nights in 16 states and over 12,000 miles. As far as durability goes, it has taken a beating on crappy roads through Oklahoma, I-10 and many others. We made a bunch of upgrades before our trip such as 2 lithium batteries, an additional 190 watt panel and charger. The solar worked awesome for four days at Fruita in Capital Reef NP. Love the 12v Refrigerator with tons of room. The fireplace kept us warm except on the coldest nights. It would shut off on very cold nights, 30s. The furnace worked great. Changed out the thermostat to digital before our trip. Still haven’t filled one tank of propane! Here is the few items we had to repair. The valence above the blinds by the stove fell off. It’s way too heavy and pulled out of the wall. Broke front windshield right away. Still working on a fix. Thinking about a plexiglass cover like an airstream. The refrigerator latch isn’t too good. I made a elastic cord to keep it closed.
So far we love our “RUBY”. We decided to sell our 40’ mobile Suites Tradition and travel in our Mini Lite instead. Soo much easier. Let me know if you have questions or comments on upgrades or anything else.
Gofishth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:00 PM   #2
Flagstaff 22FBS

Oh my, how did the front windshield get broken?
We have Flagstaff 22fbs on order & a broken windshield makes me nervous!

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:22 AM   #3

It appears a rock or something hit it. It didn't shatter but the crack is substantial. I've heard its a common issue.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #4

Glad I found this forum... I spend most of my time over at https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ad-210857.html

I am also a 2205S owner.. 5 trips but only a few miles... staying close to home for the time being until the final kid is through with school.

I read somewhere about people putting automotive film over their front windows as protection.... obviously before it was already cracked. Guess I am going to do some more research on that to see if it really works... have you heard of it?
pbuck00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:27 AM   #5

I haven't heard of that. I'm not sure if that would work to deflect a rock. I'm open for any ideas.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:49 AM   #6

I found this thread.... https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...te-215695.html
pbuck00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:26 PM   #7

Our previous 2015 2109s mini had a hinged cover to protect the front window. When studying the 2019 2511s , the front windshield was almost a deal breaker but my wife loved the trailer. I had 2nd thoughts but figured well it's a windshield like on a car or truck, what are the odds and purchased anyway. Haven't had the misfortune yet (fingers crossed for continued luck ). There's still insurance . On the other hand we've really enjoyed the amount of light it let's into the trailer with little to no visibility from outside. Will keep reading these posts because apparently the chance does exist. Love our Mini Lite.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:54 PM   #8

Did you see a difference in mpg pulling the Rockwood over the DRV? We have a 40’ Redwood and now a 2021 Rockwood 2205s that we’ve only gotten out once, so really have got a to chance to see if theres a mpg difference. Shedding 10,000lbs I would think there would be a notable difference but maybe not.
Superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, mini lite