Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2022, 10:37 AM   #1

New to Forest River - Geo Pro 19BH

Good morning, I recently downsized from a 30ft Class A Tiffin w/tow car to the Geo Pro 19BH. A couple of questions as I review all the owner's manuals. I wasn't overly impressed with my walk through at delivery.

1) Does the Suburban Furnace (NT20SQ) run on propane? I know it needs electric for the fan but what is it's 'fuel source'? Electric or Gas?

2) Does the Suburban Water Heater (SW6DELC) also run on Propane and/or Electric?
3) iRV36 - I read several posts/threads on the inability to Turn On the radio. I tried to pull the fuse but it is really tight...didn't want to damage it...any suggestions for best way to eject it? Also the remote uses a 2025 battery...what an odd size? Can't find anywhere the battery size in the owner's packet? I thought I'd swap it out too.
4) When plugged in at home, do you leave the refrigerator on? I don't see any ON/Off switch. My Class A had the option to turn it off since it was a 2-way AUTO refrigerator.
Thank you!
Amy
(New owner of 2022 Geo Pro 19BH)
ButterflyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyDogs View Post
Good morning, I recently downsized from a 30ft Class A Tiffin w/tow car to the Geo Pro 19BH. A couple of questions as I review all the owner's manuals. I wasn't overly impressed with my walk through at delivery.

1) Does the Suburban Furnace (NT20SQ) run on propane? I know it needs electric for the fan but what is it's 'fuel source'? Electric or Gas?

2) Does the Suburban Water Heater (SW6DELC) also run on Propane and/or Electric?
3) iRV36 - I read several posts/threads on the inability to Turn On the radio. I tried to pull the fuse but it is really tight...didn't want to damage it...any suggestions for best way to eject it? Also the remote uses a 2025 battery...what an odd size? Can't find anywhere the battery size in the owner's packet? I thought I'd swap it out too.
4) When plugged in at home, do you leave the refrigerator on? I don't see any ON/Off switch. My Class A had the option to turn it off since it was a 2-way AUTO refrigerator.
Thank you!
Amy
Welcome to the forum. You probably need an administrator to move you to the GeoPro forum for specific questions.
That said, the furnace in these rigs are propane.
The water heater can usually be run on propane and/or electric.
Don't know about #3, but you don't want to do anything to void your warranty. A 2025 battery is thinner than the 2032, so it's used in many remotes.
If you've got a 12v refrigerator with an inverter, I think you can turn off the inverter to shut off the refrigerator. If you're plugged in at home, you could leave the refrigerator on.
Old 09-18-2022, 01:02 PM   #3
Site Team

Moved thread to the Rockwood sub-forum since the OP is asking for model-specific information of a Rockwood product.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 01:30 PM   #4

Hi, do I do this or the Admin?
Thank you,
Amy
Old 09-18-2022, 03:01 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Hi, do I do this or the Admin?
Thank you,
Amy
In my post above yours, I said that I moved it to the Rockwood sub-forum. There is no GeoPro sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 09-18-2022, 04:03 PM   #6

Oops, my bad...thank you very much!
Amy
Old 09-19-2022, 01:56 PM   #7
Someimes Re- member

Quote:
3) iRV36 - I read several posts/threads on the inability to Turn On the radio....
Amy,
.....I have a TT very similar to yours, GeoPro and E-Pro only have cosmetic differences for the same model # (see in the signature line below), made in the same factory, usually equipped with the same appliances.

...3) The IRV 36 radio is turned on by pressing the TOP RIGHT Button (Power/Mute Button), it cycles thru several options, including "Mute" and "On".

...4) You will need to determine the type of Refrigerator you have. On newer 2021 & 22 model they are usually 12 Volt ONLY, but MAY also be Propane/Electric (usually ONLY 120V AC, sometimes possibly also 12V DC).
..... To determine if it is a Propane/Electric Fridge look on the EXTERIOR, DIRECTLY BEHIND where the Fridge is located. If you see TWO vents/grates/screens (usually black, one high, one low) then you have a Propane/Electric Fridge (the vents are for when it is using Propane for cooling).
..... IF you have NO Vents, you have a 12 Volt DC ONLY (Compressor driven) Fridge it can be turn OFF by looking inside to find the Temperature controller, Turn the Temp control to it's LOWEST setting, that SHOULD be "OFF".
..... IF you have a Propane/Electric Fridge, this is a MUCH more complex appliance and requires you to READ the MANUAL to understand how to operate it in it's various ways.

Contrary to what "Reverse Snowbird" says, your Refrigerator IS NOT powered by your Inverter, It is powered directly from your 12V DC Battery and/or the Converter/Charger that operates to convert 120V aC to 12V DC when you are attached to shore power (120V AC power pedestal).

Hope that helps!
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:04 PM   #8

Hi,
In regards to the radio...the On/Off aka Mute button doesn't seem to work or reset the radio. It played when I first got it but it doesn't now. I'm going to try and swap the fuse out.
In regards to the refrigerator..I have two vents as you spoke of behind the refrigerator (I just finished adding an anti -mice screen to them). I don't find a switchover frm Electic to Propane. Does this happen automatically when not on shore power and wouldn't there be a Check light if propane was an alternate source?
My Geo Pro has a solar panel/inverter.
Thank you,
Amy
2022 Geo Pro 19BH
2010 Mercedes Sprinter, turbo diesel 2500
Old 09-19-2022, 03:08 PM   #9

Answers:

Quote:

Thank you!
Amy
  1. 20,000 BTU furnace, uses propane for heat, electricity for two fans (impellers, actually). One fan circulates air in the trailer. The other brings fresh outside air into the combustion chamber and exhausts the burned products outside.
  2. The Suburban SW6DEL is a 6-gallon water heater which can operate either on propane or electricity, or both at the same time if you want to heat the water quickly. The electrical portion uses 120 Vac, when you are plugged in. If you are camping without electricity, you can use the propane portion. The trailer's 12v battery powers the control circuitry. You can turn the electrical option on and off from an inside switch, or from a switch at the lower left of the outside cabinet (the one with the louvers or screens). The gas option is turned on/off from the switch inside the trailer. I have never heard of an SW6DELC. I don't know what option the "C" adds.
  3. CR2025 is a common battery size, a little more capacity than a CR2016, less than a CR2032. Here's a link to order, although local stores should have it.
  4. Someone else has mentioned the control for this refrigerator.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:15 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
In regards to the refrigerator..I have two vents as you spoke of behind the refrigerator (I just finished adding an anti -mice screen to them). I don't find a switchover frm Electic to Propane. Does this happen automatically when not on shore power and wouldn't there be a Check light if propane was an alternate source?
My Geo Pro has a solar panel/inverter.
Thank you,
Amy
2022 Geo Pro 19BH
As was said previously, you probably have a 12v only fridge, not a 2-way fridge. FR's GeoPro webpage clearly states that the only fridge available is the 12v only fridge. There is no option for any other fridge.

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...pro/G19BH/6075

You could clear this issue up, if you simply posted make and model number of the fridge.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 09-19-2022, 05:42 PM   #11
Someimes Re- member

Quote:

2022 Geo Pro 19BH
Amy,
.... I am unfamiliar with the newer 2-way Propane/Electric Refrigerator which you seem to have (only older 3-way refrigerators). You will need to discover what SPECIFIC MANUFACTURER & MODEL # of Refrigerator you have and either FIND (should have been provided by Dealer) and READ a MANUAL or ask for help with the specific Refrigerator you have, from this Forum. Put that info in your Post Title.

.... To find out the Refrigerator Make & Model your have, FIND a Document the Dealer should have provided that lists all equipment installed on your trailer. It will be titled "Forest River Appliance Information Sheet" or sometimes referred to as the "Build Sheet", it lists all info for all the equipment on your specific trailer.

.... Good Luck
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:17 PM   #12

Hi, and thanks to all of you!
1) The Magic Chef refrigerator states 12V in the inside placard. I assume this to mean only on a 15AMP service or converter, right?
2) The water heater is a Suburban, which appears to be gas only?
I've attached files.
3) As far as the iRV36, a new battery in the remote didn't help so will replace fuse and hope that will reset the radio.
4) Based on the owner's manual it appears the furnace is gas only.

BTW....I was looking underneath the trailer at layout and placement of all the tanks and especially the grey/black water outlets. Despite the larger diameter of the outlet pipes, do you think it prudent to add pipe insulation around as much of the outlet pipes as possible? I live in the Pacific NW.

Thank you!

Amy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GeoProWaterHeaterRearPanel.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	279413   Click image for larger version

Name:	GeoPro-MagicChefRefrigerator.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	279414   Click image for larger version

Name:	GeoProMagicChefPlacard.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	279415   Click image for larger version

Name:	GeoPro-RefrigerationVenting.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	279416   Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-GeoProSpecSheet.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	279417  

Old 09-19-2022, 07:24 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Hi, and thanks to all of you!
1) The Magic Chef refrigerator states 12V in the inside placard. I assume this to mean only on a 15AMP service or converter, right?
2) The water heater is a Suburban, which appears to be gas only?
I've attached files.
3) As far as the iRV36, a new battery in the remote didn't help so will replace fuse and hope that will reset the radio.
4) Based on the owner's manual it appears the furnace is gas only.

BTW....I was looking underneath the trailer at layout and placement of all the tanks and especially the grey/black water outlets. Despite the larger diameter of the outlet pipes, do you think it prudent to add pipe insulation around as much of the outlet pipes as possible? I live in the Pacific NW.

Thank you!

Amy
Just as I said in my previous post, your fridge is 12v ONLY and can't run on propane. So the vents you referred to, have nothing to do with fridge propane side.
The Refrigeration Venting you pictured, are for the Suburban Furnace, not the fridge.

I have to ask, didn't your dealer go over these things, during the PDI/walk-through. What Washington dealer did you buy from?

Old 09-19-2022, 08:12 PM   #14

Hi, as I said earlier in my initial inquiry, the walk through was not impressive.
Thank you,

Amy
Old 09-19-2022, 08:38 PM   #15

To clarify....he was wrong on several accounts according to my copious notes and after examination of the owners manual I posted my requests for clarification on this forum. He wasn't interested in my detailed or specific questions even though he kept reminding me he's been doing this for over 40 years....condenscending...yes!

Amy
Old 09-19-2022, 09:38 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
To clarify....he was wrong on several accounts according to my copious notes and after examination of the owners manual I posted my requests for clarification on this forum. He wasn't interested in my detailed or specific questions even though he kept reminding me he's been doing this for over 40 years....condenscending...yes!

Amy
I wish you had come here for PDI/walk-through advice first, before you went through it. It might help other PNW buyers if you mentioned the dealer. I'm guessing it's one of the I5 RV dealerships in Fife.

Old 09-19-2022, 09:43 PM   #17

Thank you...it has actually been over 40 years since I've towed a trailer and having had Class 'A's and boats since then, it has made it a little confusing since there are so many different options, configurations, upgrades, etc.. available now.

Amy

Tags
forest river, geo pro