Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #21

Just ordered a 2618 to replace our 2010 2609.DW wanted more bedroom space!
One of my concerns is the loss of the rear external storage area.
Looking at the 2618 I am sure our going for a ride stuff is going to miss out!
I have to say we have been very happy with our 2609 with the exception of the "sag" of the flooring in heavy traffic areas.I am told the new trailers have denser foam and more reinforcing in the floor sandwich.
Would be interested in feedback from anyone who has the new 2618.
stevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #22
MMCM/SS

2618W

RVW was good for buying the camper. The young man who installed my equalizer hitch, not so much. He installed mine upside down. If you read the instructions some of the brackets on the camper go on from the top on some models, and from the bottom on others. This caused my camper to sit real high in the front going home, 675 miles. When I got home I Had to beat the hitch arms off the L bracket, but I read the instruction manual and corrected the problem. RVW should have a supervisor check all maintenance type work before you drive off. The year 2015 had a couple of changes, first they installed a bracket/with wiring to the backup lights for a rear view wireless camera that you can buy and install easy. Its between $350-$500 if you wanted to add it on. Also we have a fantastic fan in the bedroom, I guess it comes with one of the upgrades. We have the diamond package. I really like the wood floor look, and the 15k AC. We got the leather look sofa, with air bed under it. Standard wood fold up table. One thing We didn't like was how the queen bed slides under the dresser. I have a extra 2in thick mattress like foam thing we put on top of the bed. With this bed we can't use it, the mattress is tight under the dresser when slid in. Wish they would have left a couple of inches of free space. The electric hot water switch is outside in the water heater compartment, all other campers I have owned with a DSI water heater you could turn it off and on from inside the camper. Our 2618W is the first and only one we have ever seen, no one had one we could look at. Faucets are funky, cold turns one way to open, hot turns the other way. I will learn which way to turn them. We think the camper is beautiful, its the best one we have ever owned out of five. Only camped one night so far, but we have a trip coming up next weekend. We also yard camped to check everything out.
Tooters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windjammer