Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #1

newbie with a shower question in 2304s

After 6 years with a Sunline Que, we've had enough of putting the bed together and making it every single camping night. After the first 50 times, it got a little old! We have just about decided on the Rockwood UltraLite 2304s (or the Flagstaff 23fbs). We love the Murphy bed floor plan! Unfortunately, these are no where to be found within 400 miles or so. We've looked at the MiniLites, and at the 2304 without the slide, so we're pretty confident of the decision except: I'm concerned that the shower door will hit the toilet as it opens, and not leave enough room to easily get into the shower. We looked at a Jayco product with the same floor plan, and the door only opened enough to wriggle into the shower sideways. Can any of you with this floor plan set my mind at ease?

Beth and Rick
Tutto Bene!
ttfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #2

I have a 2304S and we love it. The murphy bed is a real plus in a small trailer. The bathroom is quite large also and shower door opens wide. the large slide makes for a good sized living area. I would think the dealer could do a dealer trade with a dealer that had one. The extra space the 2304S gives you over the 2304 is worth a little inconvenience in getting one.
jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #3

Thanks! We've convinced ourselves that the 2304s or 23fbs is the one. It looks like we're going to have to order it, so Rick is talking to the local Flagstaff dealer, and the closest Rockwood dealer.

Tutto bene!
Old 08-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #4

I own a 2304S as well, and we couldn't be happier. Feels like a 26 ft trailer in a 23 ft trailer package. To answer your original question - when you open the shower door, if you open it all the way, it will touch the toilet. HOWEVER - with the door open (touching the toilet), the space between the wall and the door is about 9/10's of the size of the actual shower opening. It wasn't until you asked (and I'm camping right now) that I checked and noticed that it wasn't the full opening size. I haven't noticed before now, because it's not an issue - and hasn't been an issue in 2 years of camping 40+ nights per year. Hope this helps!
phrogpilot73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #5

Thanks so much for the information, phrogpilot73! We did decide to order, and are anxiously waiting (a looong wait, I think) for our 23fbs, which is the Flagstaff incarnation of the Rockwood 2304s. We hope to have it before Christmas.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #6

First thing you should do? Get rid of the mattress... The "heated mattress" seems like a good idea, but it's crap. I'm going to get a memory foam mattress to replace it. Sometimes I feel like I'm sleeping on a sofa bed.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #7

We have a2304 with the Murphy Bed option and love it. Just completed a 10,000 mile trip from NH to AK and back. Put a 2 inch memory foam cover on the bed and like it more than our Select Number bed at home.
Bikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeski View Post
Just completed a 10,000 mile trip from NH to AK and back.
Holy cow, what's your tow vehicle? I sure wouldn't want to head out there with our Ram 1500... All East Coast stuff for us thus far (until we buy ourselves a diesel)
Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
Holy cow, what's your tow vehicle? I sure wouldn't want to head out there with our Ram 1500... All East Coast stuff for us thus far (until we buy ourselves a diesel)
We have a 2010 Honda Ridgeline towing a 2013 Rockwood 2304. We are a retired couple, 70+ going on 50, and want to keep things simple. The Honda has also been to CA and back. Very comfortable and easy to drive. On long trips we try to keep to 300 miles a day and average 50-55 mph. Will be happy to answer any questions about travelling to AK from the east.
Bikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #10

We have a 2304 with the bunk bed we purchased in 2010. We love the weight and most items about it. We've travelled thousands of miles/kms with it. If you are a bit handy it helps. The shower does not hit the toilet but we did need to add some spacers behind the shower liner to be able to caulk so that it would not leak. Other fixes have included better screws to support where the bunk meets the frame (add 2X2s in storage lockers. After many miles check under dinette seats for cracked welds, but angle brackets can fix. Enjoy your TT!
rockpile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2304, newbie, show, shower