Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #21

Drove past the Dodge dealer today. There's a REALLY nice dually out front that I'm sure I could make a great deal on. Pointed it out to the wife as we drove by and she gave me the "look". I can look I just can't test drive it.
It never ends! I wish they would quite making new and better stuff.
jeb182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to yelhelp
wow THIS ALL HAPPENS ? I thought I was the only one with no regard for my financial well being LOL. I bought a Can Am Spyder (2011) and that year we were going to go to Texas for the winter. My nephew has a 5th with slid out he let us use. so I thought this is cool we should buy a camper and go south every year. I needed to have a toy hauler so I could bring my bike. Well because of the size I needed to trade my little Dodge Dakota so I found a Toyota tundra .(had the dodge about 8 months) We looked for a tt that would fit the needs we had ,Me the garage and my wife a bed room not something that was part of the living space. So we found one used and went the 150 miles to pick it up. That trip home was a killer. The weight is about 8000lb and the tundra had the cap of 8500 had some work done to increase the rear suspension took the tt on a couple of small trips , then we went to Lake George for a bike rally , well the trip back home was horrible , felt every single bump . long story short is I knew the Toyota was going to beat us up going from NY to Tx this winter. so off to the car dealers after only owning the Toyota for 5 months and did a trade. Bought a Ford f250 diesel 6.4 now towing like there is nothing there. We could maybe trade up to a 5th wheel with slid outs LOL I guess living in the TT for three months will make that mind up for us.
yelhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
That trading up gets expensive doesn't it? Our chronology goes something like this:
October 2010: Bought Keystone Passport w/one slide. Dry Weight 3500lbs. Had a Ranger with 5500 lbs tow capacity. Towed OK but.........
March 2011: Bought F150. I'm in seventh heaven, but......... (Got the 5er itch)
March 2013: Bought my F250. Now I'm ready for the next step.
April 2013: Bought our 5er. Surveyor SVF293. Now I'm really in heaven.
Hmmm....Wonder whats next????

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #24

Quote:
That trading up gets expensive doesn't it?
Boat owners have a name for this - "Two foot-itis". The next boat is always 2 feet longer than the last.

Definition: Boat - a hole in the water, surrounded by wood, into which you throw your money!

RV's are pretty much the same.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #25

Wow! I didn't know I was going to open the floodgates of confessions when I wrote my post. I thought I was the only to do things this way.

It appears the camping community is much closer than I originally thought.

'13 Windjammer 3025W
'14 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins
No dogs. No Cats. No kids. Just us.
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Boat owners have a name for this - "Two foot-itis". The next boat is always 2 feet longer than the last.
RV's are pretty much the same.
I had that disease when I was into sailboats and it just carried over to my RV'ing.
Boat wise, my chronology was
12' day sailer
14' cruising sailboat big enough to climb inside and sleep
22' cruising sailboat
25' cruising sailboat
Now with my 5er I'm down to a 14 foot bass boat.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #27

Funny, same here. It's contagious. I was in boating when the kids were little, and had a bad case of two footitus. So I got smarter, and got my pilot license. Aviation is wicked expensive. After 26 years, and owning three aircraft each one getting faster and more sophisticated, then I started more instruction, and more ratings. Sold out recently shelved my private, instrument and commercial pilot license, and I am now two weeks into RV. Life is good. Recent retired, and new to this forum
Poper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #28

Maybe, somehow, we're connected by ancient........ No.. I don't believe any of that.

Like you, years ago I got my pilots license. But unlike you, I didn't peruse it. At the time I had a 'Golden Handcuff' job. I always wanted a 'Rotary' license and the best way to start was with a fixed wing license. I learned at a crop dusting airport. To this day, I wish I had pursued my license further.

'13 Windjammer 3025W
'14 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins
No dogs. No Cats. No kids. Just us.
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter