Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2021, 01:56 PM   #1

Ordered a 2109S , who has one and are you happy with it ?

Ordered 2109S last Saturday. I've been reading all the info I can find. Ordered with the 12 volt fridge and solar panel option. I have a portable solar unit I built to power my 12 volt cooler last season. It has no problem keeping the cooler going as the cooler cycles very little after cool down. 100 watt panel, group 27 deep cycle, 500 watt inverter in case I need to charge phone or laptop. I can plug the panel into the camper if needed. I'm looking forward to using the Rockwood. I owned a Rockwood pop up 35 years ago and it was a good product.
Woodspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:37 AM   #2

2016 model here. Purchased it used in 2017. Its my wife and myself with our older lab. Just enough TT for two. Ours has the LP/120v frig. I have installed a Trimetric battery monitor coupled it with a 2030-sc solar charge controller. I use two 100W mono solar panels used as portable units. I wired them to the front storage bay where my charge equipment is wall mounted. This works great for us since we like to boondock out west. Back east its usually a site with or without electric. The issue is usually water. I carry 2 five gallon collapsible water jugs for drinking water. We don't hang around a campsite/camper but are usually out hiking and fishing. There are just so many variable personal issues when choosing a TT. The 2109 fits our needs.
dschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:20 PM   #3

We have a 2021 model. It is a perfect size for a couple. With the slide all the way in, we can get at the bathroom, kitchen and bedroom. Actually, the slide doesn't block anything! We are parked at our house right now and didn't bother to put the slide out! We wanted a walk-around bed since we both get up during the night. I put a rear camera into the pre-installed Furrion camera mount on the rear of the rv. I used a LynxSense system (they don't seem to be in business anymore) which cost $65 instead of the Furrion system. It works well but took some bench work to figure out the wiring since it came with no instructions. Other than that, we haven't done any major mods yet.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:06 AM   #4

Thanks guy's for the replies,
Still waiting to here from dealer about delivery. I don't really expect to hear anything until at least end of April. I'm going to pull my Autumn Ridge out of storage tomorrow. I think I've read every post about the 2109 on this forum. My wife and I are both excited about the new rig.
God Bless, Have a Great day !
Woodspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:13 AM   #5

Wife and I like our 2018. A 2" mattress topper makes the mattress usable in my opinion.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodspinner View Post
Thanks guy's for the replies,
Still waiting to here from dealer about delivery. I don't really expect to hear anything until at least end of April. I'm going to pull my Autumn Ridge out of storage tomorrow. I think I've read every post about the 2109 on this forum. My wife and I are both excited about the new rig.
God Bless, Have a Great day !
My wife and I picked up our new 2109s two weeks ago. We found one in stock in Texas after running into delays getting one closer to home. It was an adventure pulling it home 460 miles on our "newbie" tow! The trailer got more attention than i expected on our gas stops, with lots of comments about it being "just the right size!"

We have an RV lot at a private campground which is our weekend getaway, about 45 minutes from home. We had an older bigger trailer there, but wanted something that would be towable with my Jeep Gladiator, but also be comfortable as our "weekend place". The 2109s hits that sweet spot for us. It's been a challenge to downsize some of our "stuff", but we discovered that we hadn't really used much of it...things accumulate until you run out of space!
Sandhill Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:27 PM   #7

I ordered my 2021 2109s on Sept 3 and just received an email yesterday that it just came "off the line" this week. Hoping to pick-up in the next week or two. There is a good youtube video on the RV show channel with a recent discussion with Zach, a FR/Rockwood rep and he's saying realistically 5-7 months. With that said, you may get lucky because apparently the did a production run of 2109s recently, hence me getting mine in a week. I sure hope you don't have to wait as long as I have. I was originally told 8-10 weeks. If I pick it up next week it will be 33 weeks!
bill67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, 2109s