Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 03:22 PM   #1

Ordered my mini lite 2504s

Werent giving enough of a discount for a 2015 on the lot, so ordered a 2016 exactly how we wanted it. Can't wait to get it.
Hoping to have it by the end of June, what has everyone seen as far as build times?
JWall115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #2

Yeah! Congratulations on your order

We found the same, the price of a 2015 2504s on the lot was quite a bit more than the custom ordered 2016. Also, there we only 2 units on lots within a 2.5 hour drive, not much to pick between. One of which had a blown tire during transport to the dealership, we were worried about extra wear and tear during transport. Anyway...

We ordered Tuesday, March 17th and are at 6 weeks today. Haven't heard anything yet as far as an update on when it will be available for pick up.
WeRunAndPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:53 PM   #3

Congratulations! Ordered my 2504s last April and picked up in June. It took right at 8 weeks for it to arrive at the dealer. We love ours! Good luck.
firecapt61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #4

Congrats. We love our 2504s. Love the wider bunks in the 2016 floor plan. Took us about 6 weeks for ours to arrive at dealer following order
ChrisPlus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:54 PM   #5

The family is so excited, hoping it arrives in the 6-8 week range...have a trip semi planned, but if it doesn't we have back up plans...those that have used their 2504s already how has it worked out...is the floorplan everything you wanted?
JWall115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWall115 View Post
The family is so excited, hoping it arrives in the 6-8 week range...have a trip semi planned, but if it doesn't we have back up plans...those that have used their 2504s already how has it worked out...is the floorplan everything you wanted?

We're in our second season with our 2504s. So far it's a great camper. We've made some minor mods... Changed shower head to the Oxygenics (big difference) and added a "torpedo" black tank flush (I think newer models are now coming with the black tank flush). Also added a mattress topper that makes a big difference. Added Max Air cover to the front vent.

Only experienced a few minor issues that were covered under warranty...
1. Handle came off the flush top stove
2. One of the under dinette drawers was misaligned
3. Toilet had small leak at the floor (not sure this is totally fixed)

Only complaint is that there needs to be another electrical outlet in the kitchen area.

Hope you enjoy your 2504s as much as we do. We've been out twice this year and have about 10 more trips already planned this year.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShelton View Post
We're in our second season with our 2504s. So far it's a great camper. We've made some minor mods... Changed shower head to the Oxygenics (big difference) and added a "torpedo" black tank flush (I think newer models are now coming with the black tank flush). Also added a mattress topper that makes a big difference. Added Max Air cover to the front vent.

Only complaint is that there needs to be another electrical outlet in the kitchen area.

Hope you enjoy your 2504s as much as we do. We've been out twice this year and have about 10 more trips already planned this year.

I'll have to check out that shower head...thanks, yes the 2015.5 added the black tank flush.

Any others mods your looking to make? What trailer hitch are you towing with?..almost got the Durango, went with the expedition since we were and have added to the family.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #8

Quote:
I'll have to check out that shower head...thanks, yes the 2015.5 added the black tank flush.

Any others mods your looking to make? What trailer hitch are you towing with?..almost got the Durango, went with the expedition since we were and have added to the family.
X2 on the oxygenetics shower head. Don't know if you dry camp. If you do consider 2 6v batteries. Matress topper was a great addition as well. Stock mattress is good, but the topper added a really comfortable sleep. Did you opt for the counter top extension? It's nice to add additional counter space and a fairly cheap upgrade
Old 04-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPlus3 View Post
X2 on the oxygenetics shower head. Don't know if you dry camp. If you do consider 2 6v batteries. Matress topper was a great addition as well. Stock mattress is good, but the topper added a really comfortable sleep. Did you opt for the counter top extension? It's nice to add additional counter space and a fairly cheap upgrade
Thanks, yes we did get the counter top extension. What topper are people getting for the mattress? A residential one or one fitted to the shorter queen?

Don't plan on dry camping but who knows...
Old 04-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #10

Ordered my 2504s on February 20. Friday will be 10 weeks and still no ward.
williej32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by williej32 View Post
Ordered my 2504s on February 20. Friday will be 10 weeks and still no ward.
Ouch...on the plus side should be any day now....

What are people using for a hitch? Leaning towards the equalizer 4 point...think I'm putting too much thought into though...sure any of the equalizer or Reese setups will tow it just fine...
Old 04-29-2015, 06:31 PM   #12

Got the 4 point equalizer and haven't had an issue with sway at all with my 2504s. Pulls real nice!
Old 04-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShelton View Post

Mine didn't come with tank flush either. Investigating adding myself. Did you do it yourself? And were is the best location on the tank to place it?
Old 04-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks, yes we did get the counter top extension. What topper are people getting for the mattress? A residential one or one fitted to the shorter queen?

Don't plan on dry camping but who knows...
I purchased a short queen from CW, however, I think buying a residential one and cutting to fit will be a little cheaper.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt61 View Post
Got the 4 point equalizer and haven't had an issue with sway at all with my 2504s. Pulls real nice!
X2
Old 04-29-2015, 08:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Guessing the 1000/10000 should work perfect correct?
Old 04-29-2015, 09:00 PM   #17

Yes, that's what the dealer set me up with. Had the same equalizer on my previous 32' tt and worked just as well.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Mine didn't come with tank flush either. Investigating adding myself. Did you do it yourself? And were is the best location on the tank to place it?

I had the dealer install it. It was pretty reasonably priced. They placed it into the side of the black tank just past the sewer pipes.

The "torpedo" seems to work well. I ran it about five times after camping last week and seemed to clean the tank well.

RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #19

Alright got the equilizer 4point setup, looks easy enough to setup.

And today I got word that the delivery to the dealer should take place the week of 6/15/15. Hopefully all goes well and it stays on schedule.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:03 AM   #20
Sunny Cove

2504S

We ordered our 2015.5 2504S just after Christmas 2014 and we picked it up just after Valentines day 2015 and two weeks later we headed south for two months. Had a wonderful time and we love our new trailer. It is all we expected and more. People cannot believe how much room we have for 25 feet. We were lucky to witness our actual trailer being made in Millersburg, IN. They are happy to give you tour of the factory and it is a hands on experience. Well worth the time to do. Free too.

We have had a few issues that the dealer has been happy to remedy and all are covered by the warrantees. Be sure to purchase the extended warrantee direct from Forest River for $150. It gets you a second year and well worth the price.

We pull with a Ford Expedition and the Equalizer hitch and it is a great package.

You will enjoy your trailer as it is fantastic!!! Safe travels!!!
Sunnycove is offline   Reply With Quote