Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #1

Ordering a new unit

Hi There I am new here, and I have 2 questions 1 are the Rockwood and Flagstaff the same unit just different interior colors? 2 Has anyone ordered and new unit from your dealer and if so how long did it take? I am looking at the Rockwood 8314BSS Comp to the Flagstaff 831RLBSS.
I Live in MN and we do not have but 1 flagstaff dealer and 2 rockwood dealers.
Any help would be great.

Thanks
Tom KT0Y
Mavlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
New to RV's, not camping

Yes, it is my understanding that the Flagstaff and Rockwood are identical, built together and then painted one way for Rockwood and the other if it is to go to a Flagstaff dealer. I guess they can flood the market better that way. As far as how long, your looking at about 8 - 10 weeks. Your dealer may tell you less time in order to make the sale, but it won't get there any quicker than that unless you wait for the off season. When we ordered ours, we were told it would take about 4-1/2 weeks. But after reading up on the forums, others were saying that it will be closer to 8 - 10. Well the last status we got was that it "may" hit the end of the production line this Monday, but there is also a shortage of drivers to deliver them to the dealers once they are completed. As of this coming Saturday, it will be 8 weeks. We are not looking for it though until the following week at the soonest. That will put it around 9 weeks, which is exactly what we were told in the forums.

Good Luck!
Explorer777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
Arn
Arn

I ordered my Rockwood late summer 2009 & was told 4-6 weeks. I received it in 5 weeks.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #4
New to RV's, not camping

Yea that would make sense if you ordered it in the late summer or fall. Spring time is when the rush is on and everyone is thinking about camping. How do you like your Rockwood?
Explorer777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:25 AM   #5

Rockwoods and Flagstaffs are the same other than exterior graphics, interior fabric colors, and model numbers. This allows FR to place the same trailer in the same market while giving dealers "exclusive" rights to one or the other. If you are in an area that has dealers for both, you may be able to work out a better deal by playing one against another.

When ordering, you might get lucky as we did. We ordered our 26RKS and was told at the time it would be 5 - 7 weeks. We got a call later in the day from the dealer. FR had one exactly like the one we ordered coming off the line that week and was not assigned to anyone so we claimed it. We got it within two weeks. Rare but possible so have your dealer check those things.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #6

Check out RV wholesalers.com website, you can save thousands by going this route, but you have to go to Indiana to pick up your unit when completed, or arrange to ship it for an additional cost. Also, be aware that your dealer won't be quite as willing to do warranty and other repair work on a camper not purchased from them, at least not as quickly as others that are his customers. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #7

Think of Rockwood/Flagstaff in a similar vein as Ford/Mercury or Chevy/GMC... damn near identical vehicles built under two names by the same manufacturer.

When we picked up our new TT a couple weeks ago our dealer told us the folks that were ordering now were being told there was a 10-12 week lead time on new orders.
Matt_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #8

Thanks for all the responses, We are going to go order our 8314BSS this Sat Cant wait..

Tom
Old 05-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #9

Ordered it yesterday, Salesman said it would be about 8 weeks or maybe sooner... Sooner would be great but I am thinking on 10 weeks.

Tom
Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #10

Got a call yesterday from the dealer that the TT will be off the line the 19th and should be here the 23rd.

Tom
Old 07-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #11

Ours was ordered May 6 and we have no word as yet of a delivery date. I can't believe it takes so long. Anyway we are still unpatiently waiting and hoping to get it before vacation on the 28th. That is get it soon enough to get everything switched over and tried out for our trip.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2010 Ford F150 super cab 4 X 4
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #12

Got it Friday The 30th Love it so far but somethings need to be addressed.

Tom & Angie
2011 Rockwood 8314BSS
2000 Z-71

Tags
rockwood