Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2020, 07:16 PM   #1

Poor drawer quality in 2020 Rockwood Ultra Lite

My wife opened up one of the kitchen drawers and discovered the bottom towards the back had completely given out. I noticed the cheap flimsy bottom did not have a groove to slide into the back plate but was instead just nailed on from the bottom. Very cheap design, especially with the drawer holding nothing but a few kitchen utensils. Wouldn't be so bad if the bottom was at least plywood instead of cardboard. Guess I will be repairing this when we get back home.
RobRockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 02:27 PM   #2

Welcome to the cheap build world of travel trailers. I ended up rebuilding the bottoms of all the drawers in our mini-lite.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:01 PM   #3

W
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodLark-SC View Post
Welcome to the cheap build world of travel trailers. I ended up rebuilding the bottoms of all the drawers in our mini-lite.
I ended up making the bottom out of plywood...glued a block of wood inside on the bottom in the back of the drawer and then connected the block to the backplate with a L bracket and screws.

Tags
rockwood, lite, quality