Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2022, 06:36 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 4
Power converters

What power converter is Rockwood using in the 2023 ultra-lites with 12-volt fridge and solar panel? The reason I ask is that I am considering either two AGM batteries or the newer lithium type. I know and have researched the charging needs for each type. Want to know if there are adjustments needed for charging when connected to shore power for the converter OR does the
GO-Power unit handle it?
I know I can set the GO-Power solar controller for different types of batteries flooded, SLA, AGM, lithium.
Guyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 169
2022 Mini-Lite manufactured in March shipped with an "-AD" model, auto detect. I would think they are now using -AD models in all camper units.

If you opt for the lithium batteries... prior posts on this board indicate a non-lithium converter will charge lithium batteries to appx 80% with the Go Power solar system finishing off the remaining 20%. Obviously of course, if the solar energy more than offsets the load on the batteries.
__________________
2022 MiniLite 2109s
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
(We're just getting started!)
JimM2109S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:11 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Chuck_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 3,207
No manuals with the new trailer or don't you have this camper as yet? Power center manual (that includes the converter inside) came with mine.

-- Chuck
__________________
2006 Roo 23SS behind a 2017 Ford Expedition
Chuck_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:00 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 4
Thanks guys, I am waiting for delivery and have an about date for delivery.
No documents in hand yet. Just curious and wanting to make some preliminary plans. When I take delivery and have the info I will pass it along.

I found the post regarding the solar finishing the charge about 20 minutes after I posted. I am new to the forum and still learning the landscape. In fact never used and chat rooms or forums like this.

I was wanting to go lithium with the 12 volt fridge and the way the new trailer will be used. Most feedback sounds good just the cost thing and that may be a draw or better over the time span.

Thanks again and I will post when I know what the 2023 units have for sure.
Guyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 169
I ordered our 2109s with a second solar panel (2 x 190w) and bought two 100ah lithium batteries which are now installed in the front pass thru storage area. We have the 12v fridge also. Living in S Florida, I have tested the 12v system and confirmed in the backyard that with consecutive cloudy days (and with the WiFi device turned off!), the batteries with what little solar was collected over those days kept the empty fridge running for 3 days. Keep in mind that an empty fridge means a lot more run time than one that is already full of cold mass.
__________________
2022 MiniLite 2109s
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
(We're just getting started!)
JimM2109S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
power

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.