Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #1

Question re: mini 2502S

Need opinions on this TT as we're very interested in purchasing one. We want to be sure that it is a good value for the money. It is our first camper. Our dealer has been so helpful but only Rockwood on the lot is a Roo - we looked at it to see construction, flooring etc..
We plan to pull it with a Nissan Pathfinder 6 cylinder with 6000 lbs. towing capacity. In general we want to know are the ultra lites well made? Also have any of you bought the electric awning? Thanks, Pat
PJL210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #2

Rockwood 2502s

PJL210

I just purchased a 2502s from RV Wholsalers in lakewood, OH. I am very happy with the build quality and the dealer. I purchased the slide awning and two roof vent covers both of which I highly recommend keeping debris out of the camper and of the slide roof.

I drive a 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac with a 4.6 liter V8 and it pulls this puppy fine. The frontal area on the Rockwoods is large and you will "feel" the trailer in a headwind. Overall it handles well. I am not sure where you live but a V6 maybe challenged if you pull a lot in hilly terrain and in windy conditions. At 3900 lb empty and looking at say an average weight of gear and supplies (propane, battery, some gray and black water 2-3 gallons each and your personal gear) at 600 lbs you are looking at 4500 without water in the fresh water tank.

I have the manual awning so I can't offer a comment but I decided that it was not a problem so I didn't upgrade.

I did a lot of shopping and I am very pleased with the Rockwood.

Here is a link to my post on the return trip after buying

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-10607-2.html

Best wishes,

S Cannon
SCannon is offline   Reply With Quote