Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #1

Questions about Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304S

I'm thinking about ordering a 2304s, but unfortunately they're aren't any in my area I can look at. I have a two-part question: first, when the slide is in, is there room to squeeze past the kitchen counter to get bathroom access? Second, can the murphy bed be in the down position when the slide is in?

I've studied the floor plans both in the brochure and on the Web but they are contradictory on this issue. I guess they're not drawn to scale, because in some there appears to be plenty of room to address my concerns, but in others, not. I'm assuming the Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304S is an exact duplicate of the Flagstaff Super Lite 23FBS.

For those who have them, or at least have looked at them, do you have any particular likes and dislikes about these models?

Thanks.
damdifino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I highly recommend you search all dealers in your local area to see if you can view 1 of those models up close and personal. If need be, use the dealer locator (Forest River RV Dealer Locator :: Forest River RV) and start calling your nearby dealers.

The missus and I were in a similar situation when we were camper shopping. We were looking for a very similar camper to the 2304s. I drove about 250 miles each way to a dealer in PA. to view "our ideal" camper. No offense intended to anyone that owns a similar camper, but after looking at in person, it was not the camper for us. With the slide in, it seemed like it took up too much room......we like to do lunch, or take a nap during our stops at rest areas. If we were to put that slide out, the tractor trailer beside of us would likely be taking our slide on down the road with him. Plus, with that particular model, it does not look like the bed can be put down with the slide in.

Do some extra leg work, and see if you can actually see 1 that model. You might find out it is the exact camper you want.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #3

Hi we have had our 2304s for 2 years, yes you can squeeze by to get to fridge and bathroom, no you cannot lower bed with slide in. We have no dislikes, love this trailer perfect for the two of us. Love the big bath and we move very easily through the trailer plenty of room.

108 days camped 2013
74 days camped 2014 so far
iluvlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #4

Just agreeing with previous poster.

Yes you can get tot the bathroom!(very important on the long drives!)

No you cannot leave the bed down.

We looked at many brands and models over a period of 4 months. We were able to narrow it down to Forrest River quite easily.
The 2304s is a great example of why. For such a small trailer it feels like a much larger one. The floor plan and Murphy bed maximize living space. The other half was looking for a great kitchen, I wanted an open feel. We both won!
The bathroom is amazing, I am 6'2" and I needed a shower I could stand up straight in, and turn around. The little tub/showers didn't cut it. The 2304s has a massive bathroom with enough room to shower/change/workout. Ok, maybe not workout, but damn close!

For the money, it is simply the best design for a couple in our humble opinion.
Wpgrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #5

You can also use the kitchen, open the fridge, etc with no problem. Still room for one to sit on the sofa and the dinette could be used as a bed with the slide in if you wanted to. Lots of seating in the dinette if you want to stop and make lunch and so on. We love ours!
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #6

We have a 2011 2304 S too and love it It is light and has a very unique floor plan and ours has neutral décor. I don't know if you've purchased one yet, but we have our for sale asking $16,500, have room to negotiate just a little bit. It is fully loaded with the power awning, LCD/DVD/CD/Marine Speakers, Outdoor Grill... We are selling it now because we are going to be moving in the near future and are not taking it with us We will pick up another later. It is listed on Craigslist Northern Wisconsin & Yoopers. It was last updated on 07/28 and has photos. We are selling it will ALL the accessories including the weight distributing/anti sway hitch systems, 2 batteries, hoses, 2 full propane tanks, awning rug (new), and more. If you're still in the market you could save a ton of $ over new and it is has been used less than 10 times by non-smokers. It is very clean and well maintained. Message back or check Craigslist if still interested! Thank You
SJunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #7

We have a 2011 2304S and love it. It is perfect for the two of us. We often stop for lunch along the way and have no problems with moving around with the slide in. We wanted a small TT for the convenience of towing and parking but wanted both a sofa and bed. This gives us both. We looked for a long time before finding the 2304S. Love the bathroom and kitchen (great pantry) For us the perfect floor plan.
pixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
... and the dinette could be used as a bed with the slide in if you wanted to.
Are you sure about that? If the slide is a Lippert flush-floor slide, you can severely damage the slide using the dinette with the slide in.

Teach
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #9

Smile Newbies to camping and the 2304S

HI all! My wife and I are 1st time rv'ers and we just bought a 2010 ultra lite 2304S. We do love the design and murphy bed also! We have yet to take possession of the trailer but want to learn about the best features! I read about the black hole and laughed out loud at that then thought, hmm that isn't good! Any advice for newbies? I have 2 step kids who will be traveling with us. A 20 yo and 12 yo. Again this is our 1st ever trailer and were both excited and nervous about our 1st trip. We are planning a bigger trip the end of july to Custer, SD. I have a 2012 ram 1500 crew cab with the tow package, trailer brake and tow/haul button also. Its the 5.7 hemi also. The dealer says its just fine to tow! So again any tips or advice is appreciated! Oh any tips on keeping the fridge cold when traveling from place to place? Thanks again!
kimntom2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:22 PM   #10

Another thing we did was add removable privacy curtains for the dinette when it is made into a bed. Makes a very cozy space for guests! Used a stretchy plastic covered curtain wire supported in the middle with an eye hook and detachable at each end. We leave it up and just unhook the ends to slide the curtains on when we need them.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimntom2015 View Post
HI all! My wife and I are 1st time rv'ers and we just bought a 2010 ultra lite 2304S. We do love the design and murphy bed also! We have yet to take possession of the trailer but want to learn about the best features! I read about the black hole and laughed out loud at that then thought, hmm that isn't good! Any advice for newbies? I have 2 step kids who will be traveling with us. A 20 yo and 12 yo. Again this is our 1st ever trailer and were both excited and nervous about our 1st trip. We are planning a bigger trip the end of july to Custer, SD. I have a 2012 ram 1500 crew cab with the tow package, trailer brake and tow/haul button also. Its the 5.7 hemi also. The dealer says its just fine to tow! So again any tips or advice is appreciated! Oh any tips on keeping the fridge cold when traveling from place to place? Thanks again!
I have a 2014 2304s and tow it with a 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab 5.7 with no issue. Unless you want to consider 8 to 9 mpg a problem. I would recommend a weight distribution hitch though. The fridge should run on lp gas while you tow the trailer. Just make sure the gas is turned on at the tanks and set the fridge to auto.
Enjoy. We love ours.
Snowman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #12

I read that having the LP on while driving can be dangerous. Any issues or problems that you have seen by having it turned on? thanks again!
kimntom2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:14 PM   #13

Quote:
I read that having the LP on while driving can be dangerous. Any issues or problems that you have seen by having it turned on? thanks again!
Your question is one of a number of great debates of the forum. I'd guess about half of us travel with it on and half with it off. There is a valve on your tank that will shut it off if it sees a large leak, as in if you had an accident that broke the gas line. You probably DON'T want to have it on while fueling up your TV.

I have never traveled with it on, but "never say never." I've never gone all day from CG to another, so I've never had to keep the fridge cold. My experience is that my fridge will stay pretty cold for 3-4 hrs.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:46 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Based on reading thousands of posts on this subject, for the past 12 years of being on various RV forums, I'd say that the majority of RVers use the propane while traveling.
I have no concerns for using it myself. And I'm a retired fireman.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #15
KnP

I leave it on when traveling, so far it works just fine. The reason is to keep the fridge cold and, to start to cool down when we pick up the trailer after been parked for a week or so without power. I am surprised how quick it cools, within 8 hrs we can make some ice.

Tags