Old 04-21-2017, 09:17 PM   #1

Radio Antenna

I have a 2014 8329SS Ultra Light, radio reception is worthless with the pathetic antenna Rockwood installed. Has anyone made any upgrades on the antenna ?

Old 04-22-2017, 12:49 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey View Post
I have a 2014 8329SS Ultra Light, radio reception is worthless with the pathetic antenna Rockwood installed. Has anyone made any upgrades on the antenna ?
I haven't yet, but just got the part in the mail that I need to upgrade my antenna. Search "Rockwood 8289WS" and you'll see what that guys is doing to improve his reception. We have an amplified feed to the living room, bedroom, and outside. I wanted to nab one of those for the FM antenna, but my wife wants to be able to watch TV in bed when I'm watching the History Channel, and she wants to be able to sit outside and watch a Cardinals game. So I'm going to add a splitter and run one line to the FM antenna input. The part I just got is the piece I need- coax input on one side and RCA male input on the other.

RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:20 PM   #3

We removed our radio antenna and put a dab of silicon in there (probably unnecessary). I-Heart Radio is free, you run it through the cell phone and it provides unlimited selection as well as great quality sound.
A portable satellite dish is the way to go for television and radio. You can purchase the portable subscription monthly if desired for a nominal fee (approx. $9 per month) in addition to your home satellite bill.

Tags
antenna, radio