Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #1

Radio/DVD relocation

We purchased our 2503S Rockwood last summer and really like it. However the radio was a bit frustrating to operate with the remote as the device is located flat along the top row of cabinets and you had to stand in front of it to make any changes, especially frustrating when trying to make changes while lying in bed or sitting on the couch. I decided to build a small cabinet and place the radio in the corner and now it operates perfectly from the bed or couch. Simple and easy fix and all the wires were long enough. It looks like it came from the factory that way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1486125309.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	33637  
bjordet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #2

Nice job. Have this same problem in my 2306 mini lite. I can live with that better than the tinny sound. Found the "genesis technologies GT-2.0" which is what I think you have is missing the sub woofer option in my camper.
Netcomdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #3

[QUOTE="Netcomdude;486552"]Nice job. Have this same problem in my 2306 mini lite. I can live with that better than the tinny sound. Found the "genesis technologies GT-2.0" which is what I think you have is missing the sub woofer option in my camper. I added a JBL cube speaker to the Green and Green-Black wires off the speaker wiring plug on the back of the unit. It makes a world of difference. It only works when the "A" speaker zone is turned on. I mounter the speaker under the dinette table on the top side of the wheel well with 2" wide Velcro. Might want to fix the audio if your camper came without the sub woofer option like mine DIDN'T.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #4

Ah, yes, def needs a subwoofer. Was just about to look into upgrading the speakers but a sub woofer is a good start. Horrible sound from the unit the way it is now.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #5

They call it a "sub woofer" but it is actually a speaker that supports the bass portion of the audio spectrum. The difference is like adding color to a black and white photograph. A small good quality cube type speaker with a 5 or 6 inch speaker (driver) will work fine. No need for a cross over network as that appears to be built into the radio already as nothing comes out of the tweeter. I used a full range speaker. You don't need to look specifically for a sub woofer. The center channel speaker of a home surround sound system easily obtained at "Best Buy" or any home audio store will work just fine. Wait till you hear the difference. It's amazing. Just wonder why Forrest River doesn't add it at the factory. Probably a "weight" issue.