Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #1

replacing factory tv

I would like to mount a bigger tv (presently 21 inch). Sams club has a 32 inch that looks like it would fit if I can move the concert tone to an alternate location. How do I convert the new tv to 12 volt and also rewire the concert tone? My eyes can not see the little screen any more.
Getting older but still love to camp! thanks for any help David
ps My camper is a 2008 rockwood 33 ft with 2 slides. The 2009 came with a larger tv.
dandmhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #2

Without any pics, I don't know if my refit would be of any help to you...I replaced an old CRT TV with a flat screen 32" in my Georgetown 325. Here's the link to Part I of my installation...the is a part II you can search for my posts using the string "lcd installation" in the search bar. Good luck!

Piscesman
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-1-a-5892.html

"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST"

Nights camped in 2011: 108
Nights camped in 2012: 41
piscesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #3

Is the present TV 12 volt? You cannot convert one that I know of as most run on higher than 12 volts. If youl were going to do that the best way would be a small inverter sized big enough for the current draw of the bigger TV. You can get them in all kinds of sizes that will plug into a cigaraette lighter (12volt outlet) so you can use a standard TV. The only issue you run can run into is that some TVs do not like Modified Sine Wave (MSW) inverters which the cheap ones are. Then again I had a cheapo 700w inverter from Harbor Freight in our first motorhome that did just fine running an Emerson LCD TV.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood