Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #1

Rockwood 2104s issues

Tool a 3 day trip over the labprday weekend with my 2014. first time we have stayed at a location with no sewer hook up. I found out the gauges are reversed for the black and grey tanks. when we checked levels on late at afternoon the night before we left to go home it showed the black was 2/3 full. i started thinking no way as we were close to the bathrooms and tried to use those most of the time. Wife went to take a shower in the TT that night and i started hearing gurgling noises from the sink.
I draied about six gallons of wated from the grey tanks and dumped in the toilet and i cheked gauges and notied the black tank level went down.

Another issue i found was this was the first time we used the gas grill that came with the tt. When the grill was set on the lowest setting it was still hitting temps of 500 degree's. i verified with a meat thermo. the only way to get the temp lower was to turn the valve 1/2 off for the supply line to the grill.

The meter issue should be a easy fix by by switching the buttons around on the panel.
I called the dealer about the grill as we have only had the tt just over 2 months. They wont me to bring the tt and grill in so they can test the grill while attached to the tt. not sure if i want to haul the TT the distance to the dealer and leave it with them for weeks just for the grill.
any thoughts on what maybe wrong or if calling FR or grill manufacturer may help. I dont really want to buy a replacement grill at this time.

To top it off got back home from a nice weekend and the ac was out in my home and the house was 94 degree's. $1800 later and i have a new outside unit
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #2

I never even used the grill that came with our 2109s. I knew it would nowhere compare to our Weber Q120 so we just bring that with us. That original grill just looked cheap to me, like the $35 units you get a Walmart. The idea of hooking to the camper propane is nice but it's not difficult to haul a few small cylinders with us.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #3

The grills that come with the trailers are just pieces of tin around a blow torch. We never use ours and just haul our portable Weber around. Now that is a BBQ!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #4

The only other gas grill i currently have is my big 5 burner unit at the home. We eneded up using a small charcoal grill we picked up a few weekends ago. To be honest i like the taste of food better cooked over charcoal with a few wood chips mixed in. I was planning on using the gas grill to cook baked potato's since it takes longer for them to cook. I would like to get the issue resolved to cook fast items like brauts, hot dogs or grilling veggies to keep from cooking inside.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #5

Issues so far that i need to get fixed

Slide seal needs re-chalked on upper front corner
4 leds blown in awning light
gray and black water tank buttons reversed to check levels
outside speaker volume to low.
ac cover inside has 2 screws that wont tighten and allows air to suck between the cover and sealent causing a whistle noise.

The grill issue has been resolved. none of the issues are major ones and does not stop me from using the TT and no water leaks
Old 10-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #6

I actually use the trailer grill every trip.

Yeah, it's cheap, and we have a better Coleman grill, but this one is convenient and does the job.
IndyCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
Issues so far that i need to get fixed

Slide seal needs re-chalked on upper front corner
4 leds blown in awning light
gray and black water tank buttons reversed to check levels
outside speaker volume to low.
ac cover inside has 2 screws that wont tighten and allows air to suck between the cover and sealent causing a whistle noise.

The grill issue has been resolved. none of the issues are major ones and does not stop me from using the TT and no water leaks
Mine is about the same age as yours.

I haven't used my grill yet, but it's a better quality than the one that came with my last one. We'll see next weekend. So far, no lights out and all the indicators work on mine.

I did find that the slide motor retension screws on the outside were rounded off...I couldn't get that slide retracted if the motors froze if my life depended on it. You may want to check that.

The outside speakers...something I'll probably never use, but it's not just yours. Mine are really quiet as well compared to the inside speakers. I haven't played with them much at this point though.

During my PDI, they told me that they replaced the factory water filter housing as it wouldn't stay locked and kept blowing off with water pressure. They also replaced one of the electric stabilizer motors and told me they had been having problems with them coming in burned out.

Over all, I'm really happy with it so far.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCamp View Post
I actually use the trailer grill every trip.

Yeah, it's cheap, and we have a better Coleman grill, but this one is convenient and does the job.
I expect we will do the same. We just purchased a 2013 Flagstaff with an outside grill.

I have a "family size" gas BBQ I used with our previous trailer. It's a backyard model I modified to sit on a table top and connect to the quick-connect propane fitting on the underside of the trailer. As the size of our camping contingent has dwindled to just two, the old BBQ is simply too big.

What we actually wanted, and the reason we started shopping (again) this summer for our next last trailer, was an outside kitchen or at least an outside stove. I'm hoping I can find a low flow propane camp stove I can mount on the bracket for the grill and connect to the quick-connect fitting in the side of the new trailer.
KCB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCB123 View Post
What we actually wanted, and the reason we started shopping (again) this summer for our next last trailer, was an outside kitchen or at least an outside stove.
I expect to be in that exact situation in 4 - 6 years. Trailer selection was limited this time by space, cost, and TV limitations, but I'm happy with what we have now. I like to cook outside, especially things like bacon / sausage / etc. I don't like the lingering smell in the trailer. An outside kitchen is going to be a must on the next upgrade.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #10

slide out override on 2104s

does anyone know where the black box is to manualy move the slideout
amagrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #11

The motor controller / synchronizer is on the forward wall of the trailer in the pass through storage on the left hand side looking forward. It's a little high and to the left of the water filter.

Tags
210, rockwood