Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #1

Rockwood 2304s

What a sad decision FR have dropped this murphy bed model. After owning 12 different rvs of every type, this rv is the best ever for couples.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #2

Wonder why they would do that? The missus and I purchased a 9-month old 2014 privately just this past Saturday. Combining the slide-out with the murphy-bed was really our only must-have.

We can entertain small groups inside, then open it up for bedtime once everyone goes home and still sleep 4 (comfortably) and 5 (if we put a sleeping pad on the floor).

It's a nice small package, with a large living space inside.

Oh well, we got ours just in time.
chriszke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:42 PM   #3

Since they discontinued the 2304s I am sure they are wanting to sell the 2304KS or the 2304DS. The thing I don't like about the 2304ks is they took away the bigger booth and put the kitchen in the slide. The 2304DS gives back the bigger booth and adds the kitchen slide to the other side and the bath is downsized. My opinion is that the 2304S is still a better package than either of the other options.
jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #4

Agree, the original 2304s was an excellent couples model! DW and I were going to go that route (I was going to compromise with the short queen of the Murphy) until we were informed we no longer could order it. We had long discussion in 3-way conversations between dealers and factory rep, and even saw the new floorplans before they were released but didn't care for them. We ended up with a Heritage Glen 232IS, which actually works for us better with a full queen, spacious bathroom, and a lot of upgrades over the 2304s, but they also discontinued this model. FR's decision was based solely on numbers - couples campers aren't selling for them so they reduced the offerings immensely. Further, FR's true Murphy bed (not the folding junk of competitors) was quite nice and could possibly have been modified for a longer mattress (I'm 6'-5"). I feel the real problem, from what we found when shopping extensively last year, was that dealers simply weren't carry couples models. If they aren't on the lot, they aren't going to be seen!
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #5

We are hoping to get a 2304 KS at the end of this season (when we can afford it). We have not been able to see one in person yet, but we have pored over pix online and it looks perfect for us. The only drawback we can see/hear about is that we might have to climb over the dinette to get to the bathroom enroute, if there's not room where we stop to open the slide a little. It's the perfect length, weight, and floor plan for us. But I am sorry to hear that one so many people like so well has been discontinued.
AshnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #6

Since FR is discontinuing the 2304S an option would be the JAYCO 20MRB | WHITE HAWK which is a carbon copy of the 2304S
jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2304, rockwood