Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #1

Rockwood 2504s warranty question

Good evening all,

I have a 6 month old 2504s with a leaky rear window. I'm wondering if Forest River offers a mobile warranty truck etc. Its such a hassle to schedule & take it to the nearest dealer (where I didn't buy it, bought it 4 hours away) for such a minor issue. A phone number or contact person would be great if anyone might have some insight. Thank you all & safe travels.

Tom
Old 08-22-2016, 10:18 AM   #2
Site Team

There are contact numbers for the different divisions here on the forum. Look in the library under miscellaneous documents.

The only way to know if FR will authorize a mobile repair is to contact them and have it preapproved. Then you'll most likely have to pay for the repair and once it's done FR will reimburse you the approved amount.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
Site Team

Yep, the only way to get a mobile repair guy, is to do the pre-approval reimbursement option.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses all. I was told this morning that Forest River will of course correct the issue but I'd have to pay out of pocket for the mobile repair. If its something that can be fixed at a dealership & isn't an emergency then I have to pay for them coming to my house. I've got it scheduled at a dealership in a few weeks. Thanks for the responses!
Old 08-23-2016, 04:15 PM   #5

Well I'll tell you my experience. On my 2012 Rockwood MiniLite# 2304.
Wasn't getting shore power. Called a Mobile Mechanic (recommended by
the CG I was in in Tucson, AZ). Asked if he was authorized to do warranty work for FR & he said he was. HE called FR & made the arrangements. FR authorized 1.5 hours to do the repair & the part & I picked up the rest. The Mobile Mechanic said he could do it in 1.5 hours but I probably wouldn't be happy with the job. So we negotiated to 2.5 hours. The problem was one screw in the power cable at the female receptacle was stripped & probably came from the factory like that. Have had no trouble since.
Ian Walker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, warranty