Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2020, 09:46 PM   #1

Rockwood 2506s

I am new to forum. Looking to buy Rockwoid 2506, 2511 or East to West Alta 2600. Would like king bed but concerned that Alta is new this year. Therefore considering Rockwoods. Towing with Chevy Tahoe so weight is a concern. Wondering about limited outside storage on 2506. Any comments would be appreciated.
Elliottrlbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliottrlbd View Post
I am new to forum. Looking to buy Rockwoid 2506, 2511 or East to West Alta 2600. Would like king bed but concerned that Alta is new this year. Therefore considering Rockwoods. Towing with Chevy Tahoe so weight is a concern. Wondering about limited outside storage on 2506. Any comments would be appreciated.
I have a 2017 2506S and we love it. It is not a king bed (queen), but it has a separate bedroom, which we like. The 2017 was lighter than the newer ones (about 4,700 dry weight). I would call it a two person trailer, which is how we user ours. It does not have the pass through storage up front, but has storage in the front right, on the slide and a slide out tray in the rear (that holds quite a bit, including longer items). You can also store stuff in the outdoor kitchen area. So, far this hasn't been a problem for us. We are planning a longer (six week) trip this summer, though, which should test that a little bit more, though.
john221us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:45 PM   #3

Thanks for your response. The storage is what we were wondering. If we buy it we decided we would need bench dinette instead of theater seating in order to get storage.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Thanks for your response. The storage is what we were wondering. If we buy it we decided we would need bench dinette instead of theater seating in order to get storage.
I have the bench dinette, which we chose, because I need to be able to work on my laptop from the RV (especially on the six week trip). I find the dinette comfortable. For relaxing, I slide my back against the outside wall and put my feet up on the side bench (like a recliner). I personally think the storage is adequate. There is also storage under the bed and plenty of cupboards in the kitchen.
john221us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:20 AM   #5

I would be concerned about the Tahoe being able to pull the 2506S.
We love our 2506S, but we had problems with our Ford F150 Lariat (with towing package) being able to pull it. Had to upgrade to a Silverado 2500. but that's just my limited knowledge.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:42 PM   #6

Our Tahoe can pull 8400 lbs with 1000 tongue weight so it should be fine. Do you think you have enough outside storage?
Old 02-19-2020, 07:55 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Our Tahoe can pull 8400 lbs with 1000 tongue weight so it should be fine. Do you think you have enough outside storage?
It's the Tahoe's short wheelbase, soft SUV suspension and low payload capacity. Forget focusing on what the Towing Capacity is. Nearly all tow vehicles will run out of payload capacity WAY before reaching the max towing capacity.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:06 PM   #8

Thanks for post but can't answer those questions. Over my head.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:55 AM   #9

For the two of us, the storage is adequate. The back storage is a little awkward - we ended up taking out the tray. If we have someone sleeping on the dinette bed, they use the drawers in the dinette.
It is a good trailer - we really like having the back bedroom, especially if we have a guest. Love the front window for letting in light and giving a view. Didn't think we needed an outside kitchen but we use it all the time.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:24 AM   #10

Thanks.

Tags
rockwood