Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #1

Rockwood 2604 delamination

I have a 2010 Rockwood 2604 and noticed delamination on left rear wall at the bottom. What should I do? I emailed dealer and was told a water issue.[ATTACH35986][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	35986  
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about your problem.

What's on the inside at that corner? Can you access that area and see where that damage could have originated? I'd suspect a leak at the interior floor level.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #3

Would it be getting in where the frame is coming out. I would be curious if any other 2604 owners have had this issue. I haven't seen a problem on mine yet, but will definitely be keeping a eye on it.
sschifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #4

How about a leak around the lamp above the license plate?
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
How about a leak around the lamp above the license plate?
X2

I would find the source of water and get it stopped! It may not get much worse if its allowed to dry out. If not it will begin self destruction in small pieces flaking off.

One last thought can't tell what that post is alongside the area, pole?, anyway it seems to be aggravating the situ as is a load on the bumper? Maybe move it to the other side?
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #6

The pole on bumper is holder for flag pole. have had it there for 2 years. Nothing on interior corner, just carpet. Im from New York and have had 100 degree temps last week. Could heat from direct sun cause this? Does not seem to have gotten worse as of yet.
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #7

Interestingly, my new-to-me 2009 2603 also has some delamination in two places. I and another person thoroughly checked for water leaks; there are none. Someone at a campground mentioned delamination was a problem in some models, but couldn't recall the year, and thought that FR had "cleared up the problem."
TexasCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy
The pole on bumper is holder for flag pole. have had it there for 2 years. Nothing on interior corner, just carpet. Im from New York and have had 100 degree temps last week. Could heat from direct sun cause this? Does not seem to have gotten worse as of yet.
Delam is separation of glued layers normally due to moisture and subsequent woodrot. The glass will bubble under decay pressure, then it flaps with no wood and glue to hold it. In your case just wondering if the moisture came from not the inside or outside, but rather the edge of the panel. With the bumper, the flag post and the rear panel all attached to the same frame points thinking the stress of a moving flag, may be enough inertia to twist the end panel and form cracks at screw holes, allowing moisture in. That damage is centered at the pole and two years is plenty of time. Just a theory! Similar happened to me, wasn't pretty.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote