Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2006, 01:27 AM   #1

Rockwood 2605 measurements

I tried emailing these questions to Forest River but can't get a response. Also can't get the help over the phone. The local Forest River dealer has been very uncooperative and the dealer I bought this from is 4 1/2 hours away and doesn't have the model on his lot. So I thought I would try here.

We have a Rockwood 2605 that will start production 9/14. We will be picking it up in Oct. We are trying to get some things together before it arrives at the dealer.

One of the things that will have to be done is install the Equalizer Hitch. I want to have the hitch and ball ready and installed on the truck so that the dealer only has to attach the brackets to the frame (that's all he says he is able to do). In order to do that I need the measurement from the ground to the inside of the coupler on the trailer (trailer being level).

Also, we are purchasing a television and need to know the dimensions of the opening for the television.

We are also purchasing Rotochoks for the wheels and need to know the smallest measurement between the tires ( it will have 14" tires).

Anybody who has this model or knowledge of it, if you could provide these measurements it would be helpful.

Thanks
revetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:06 AM   #2

I have the Flagstaff version of your model, the 26RKS. I will have to take some measurements and will post back some of the information for you that I can. I may have the problem doing the measurement for your hitch brackets since my trailer, while level, sits at the point of my driveway that starts to go uphill and to make it level, the tongue is about as low as I can get it so my measurement would not be accurate. I have the 14" wheels so that will be no problem and the TV opening won't be a problem.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:36 AM   #3

For the ball height to the coupler. Why don't you wait until it gets to the dealer then ask for the heights when it's there and their doing the PDI. Before you go pick it up you can adjust the ball height in less than 30 min. The L brackets that mount on the RV take 15 min. I did all that myself when I got to the dealers lot to pick it up and I'm not a mechannnic errrr tool guy.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:09 AM   #4

I have a Flagstaff 26FS, which is the same base as yours, but a different floor plan. It's parked on a level driveway, so I could measure the hitch height. However, I need to know if you're getting the riser kit for yours or not. Mine has the riser kit, so the hitch measurement will be too high for your purposes if you're not getting the riser.
pswayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #5

No riser kit.... appreciate all the help you guys can give.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by revetch
No riser kit.... appreciate all the help you guys can give.
You might want to think about getting that riser kit. These trailers are a bit low and you could drag your sewer connection off when entering some driveways or dips in the road. Just a suggestion.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #7

Ok, the short distance between the tires is about 2.75".

The tv opening is 22" across the front, and 20" deep from the center to the back corner. This is a rough triangle and one side is 23" deep and the other is 12" deep. We use an elcheapo 13" Walmart special for our tv and it fits easy and is easy to hook up the cables. I suspect one of the 19" thin flat tv's would work fine in that space.

Let me know if you have other questions on this model.

Kim

Old 09-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #8

Fantastic.....really appreciate your help on the measurements. I'm really looking foward to this trailer. We pick it up 10/16.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #9

My 2502 arrives 10/16 too!

I talked with Traci at RVW the past 2 days. Initially I was told their driver could do the installation & setup of the Equalizer hitch that I added to my order.

Now different story. The two drivers that had been doing the installs now won't be driving. Don't know if they got canned, quit, or got a different job. The other drivers will be going through a training session early November.

She told me they could do a partial install (just the brackets on the trailer frame) for $50. I told her no way. All or nothing. I also sent her a link to pass on to her management so they could watch the installation video, and see the actual instructions. This isn't rocket science.

I'll bring my own tools, and do it myself. At least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing it was done right.
https://www.2manytoyz.com/
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manytoyz
My 2502 arrives 10/16 too!
She told me they could do a partial install (just the brackets on the trailer frame) for $50. I told her no way. All or nothing. I also sent her a link to pass on to her management so they could watch the installation video, and see the actual instructions. This isn't rocket science.

I'll bring my own tools, and do it myself. At least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing it was done right.
Good for you.
$50 is way too expensive to install two brackets.
I installed and set-up my Equal-i-zer on my new TT myself. It is the same Equal-i-zer I had on my last TT. In fact, the dealer installed it on that TT at the time and I had to completely re-adjust everything when I got home.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:55 PM   #11

Rockwood 2605 measurements

Sir: my advice on the television is to wait until you take ownership of your RV before you purchase it. The actual dimension plus or minus several fractions of an inch can vary depending on the skill of the craftsman and what materials are available that day. I ordered my Sharp 20 inch LCD from the internet with confidence since TVs are made in a mold and vary by a few thousands of an inch at most. My TV will just fit inside the opening if I tip it back and lift it in the opening. There is only a small gap at the sides and top. The nice thing about the 20 inch LCD is it is 35 watts and runs from smallest size plug in 12V/120V converter. No noise and little heat. I mounted a cheep DVD player just underneath on a shelf I constructed. It is twenty watts and also runs from a small plug in converter. You only need the converters if you intend to “dry” camp. Thanks Dick n Judy
DicknJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #12

I have set mine up on three trucks and two trailers. Its not that hard just work on a level surface all works well.

Also set up Brother in laws in about an hour whil talking to him the whole time not in a hurry.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood