Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Mij
Member
 
Mij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 36
Rockwood 2702 SS / SUV

Really looking hard at purchacing the 2702 SS. Ive got an 06 Yukon with a 5.3l and 4.10 gears. Max towablity is around 7500lbs, I'm sure that it will be light enough but am curious if the short wheelbase will work as compared to a pickup. Any feedback or experiences apprieciated.

Thanks!!

GO PACKERS!!
__________________

Mij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,280
First of all, welcome to the forum !!!!

Your tow capacity might even be more than the 7500 lbs. with the 4:10 final drive ratio. Check this chart and see what you have for sure:
http://www.trailerlife.com/images/to...ngs_p20_33.pdf

You are correct about your concerns regarding the length. If your Yukon has the 130" wheelbase, than you should probably limit your trailer search to trailers that are 25' or less in overall length. The 2701SS is almost 32' feet coupler to bumper.
__________________

__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
hunt4240dw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bartlett, TN
Posts: 129
Send a message via MSN to hunt4240dw
As you can see from my sig, I pull a 33 ft. with my Tahoe. It greatly depends on the type hitch. I recommend the Equl-i-zer brand. It has a reasonable cost and way less that the Hensey Arrow or Blue OX. Now, I do get some movement in the trailer which probably would not be there with the longer wheel base. But the Equl-i-zer does a great job keeping it to a min.

David
__________________

The Hunts
2012 F150 Ecoboost, 3.55, tow package
Equal-i-zer Hitch
2009 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
1982 16' Glastron Ski boat
hunt4240dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Mij
Member
 
Mij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 36
The chart on the link said 8400lbs which makes me feel better. I have a weight dist hitch but not an Equalizr which probably has the anti sway. I'll have to compare hitches.
Mij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Posts: 487
I pull a 34' with a 2010 F-150 shortbed, I do have and equalizer-4pt-anti-sway hitch though! Pulls fine..only drive 55-60mph on Highways! It is a good idea to follow the guide-line if you can! Bought the TT after TV,no research..oopsy !! So i drive slower...save on gas too !!
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
Member
 
frankm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 463
I have a 2011 2702SS and my TV is a f150 with the 139" wheelbase. I also have the Equalizer WDS and it tows fine no sway.
__________________
Frank & Rita M
2016 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost
2017 Rockwood 2703WS
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #7
JEN
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 72
Hi, we have ordered the 2011 2702ss and can't wait for it to come in. Have any of you had any issues with it? Thanks
JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
Member
 
frankm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEN View Post
Hi, we have ordered the 2011 2702ss and can't wait for it to come in. Have any of you had any issues with it? Thanks
Welcome to the forum! We have had our 2011 2702SS for a few months now and after about 10 camping trips the trailer has behaved really (knock on wood x 3) well. I do have one outstanding issue with our furnace (the tech suspects a fried wire) that needs to be repaired. If not too late (and if you didn't add these already) we got ours with the day/night shades, roof ladder, and power jack. All three options have more than proven their value. We also had the dealer install MaxAir II covers over the two vents.

frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
JEN
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 72
Hi thanks, we did order the day/night shades, roof ladder, and power jack. What are the maxair II covers?
JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
Member
 
frankm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 463
They are covers that go over the existing vent openings allowing you to have those vents open without worrying about water getting in. Others also like to have these vents covers so while in storage the vents can be left open keeping the trailer well ventilated. Here is a picture of our TT's MaxAir IIs.
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1474.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	4563
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
JEN
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 72
Thanks for the tip... we'll keep that in mind when the trailer comes in
JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
JEN
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 72
frankm, is there an electrical outlet in the bunk area for the kids to plug games, portable DVD, etc in? (in the 2011 2702SS) Thanks, Jen
JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
Member
 
frankm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEN
frankm, is there an electrical outlet in the bunk area for the kids to plug games, portable DVD, etc in? (in the 2011 2702SS) Thanks, Jen
Oh yes that's a must for us too. See picture below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4247625507.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	4584  
__________________
Frank & Rita M
2016 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost
2017 Rockwood 2703WS
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
JEN
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 72
Thanks! I see you have the cherry wood... we ordered the oak, thought the darker wood would show scratches more easily. What color fabric did you go with? We went with the westport one. Have you done any modifications to it yet, or are you thinking of doing any modifications?
JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #15
Member
 
frankm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEN
Thanks! I see you have the cherry wood... we ordered the oak, thought the darker wood would show scratches more easily. What color fabric did you go with? We went with the westport one. Have you done any modifications to it yet, or are you thinking of doing any modifications?
We went with the Charleston decor. It looks good with the cherry wood. As far as mods none but just a couple of simple add-ons: installed the extend-a-shower shower rod, screen door push bar, screen covers for furnace vents, and replaced the little outside table with this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-18094257.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	4588  
__________________
Frank & Rita M
2016 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost
2017 Rockwood 2703WS
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #16
JEN
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
We went with the Charleston decor. It looks good with the cherry wood. As far as mods none but just a couple of simple add-ons: installed the extend-a-shower shower rod, screen door push bar, screen covers for furnace vents, and replaced the little outside table with this one.

Nice! I am thinking about the extended shower rod too, I'm sure the extra space would be nice. Does the table have to be put down for travel? Thanks, Jen
JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
Member
 
frankm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEN View Post
Nice! I am thinking about the extended shower rod too, I'm sure the extra space would be nice. Does the table have to be put down for travel? Thanks, Jen
Yes, this outside table is put away while traveling. BTW, it isn't meant to hold heavy objects just a few things that always seem to get misplaced or used often.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #18
JEN
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Yes, this outside table is put away while traveling. BTW, it isn't meant to hold heavy objects just a few things that always seem to get misplaced or used often.
Sorry, I should have been more specific... I meant the inside kitchen table. Thanks
JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #19
Member
 
frankm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEN

Sorry, I should have been more specific... I meant the inside kitchen table. Thanks
Let me venture a guess and assume you mean the dinette table. That table should have its own section here in the forum! Do a search on dinette table and will get quite a few hits.

Back to your question We don't fold down ours (we can't if we wanted to, search wobbly dinette table and you'll know why) but many others do. It stays pretty much in place without any assistance.
__________________
Frank & Rita M
2016 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost
2017 Rockwood 2703WS
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #20
JEN
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Let me venture a guess and assume you mean the dinette table. That table should have its own section here in the forum! Do a search on dinette table and will get quite a few hits.

Back to your question We don't fold down ours (we can't if we wanted to, search wobbly dinette table and you'll know why) but many others do. It stays pretty much in place without any assistance.
Hinges and plates bent? We had a table with the folding legs in out tent trailer and had no issues with it being wobbly, it was just heavy and awkward to put up/down every morning/night. From the pics it seems that the table now has the scissor type legs? Is this what you have? Any recommendations ...should we lean on the table when we go to check it out and have the dealer switch out the hinges?
__________________

JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.


×