Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2014, 01:30 PM   #1

Rockwood 2904 SS UL

All,

We just purchased a 2013 2904SS UL (Emerald Edition) TT. It was the middle of winter and have not had a chance to use it yet (still winterized). We are planning a long trip this year after a small shake down cruise to a local CG. Just wanted to start this thread and get any input, good or bad, from other Rockwood Ultra Lite owners.

Thanks, Dave
majordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #2

We have the 2604WS Emerald Edition.
Great trailer , we love it,light weight, very easy to tow.
Only downside...the frameless windows don't open very wide.
We removed the cylinders on the doors, and make them wide open and attach to the trailer side like traditional trailers.
Congratulations on yours !
Blak
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #3

Thanks, we looked at the 2604 also and I liked it but the wife liked the 2904 better. You know the saying "happy wife, happy life".

Dave

2013 Rockwood 2904SS Emerald Edition
2006 Toyota Tundra 4x4 TRD

Nights camped 2014 = 5
Old 03-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #4

We have a 2014 2909SS Emerald Edition...no complaints here!
Old 03-26-2014, 06:39 PM   #5

we have a 2012 2904SS we like it, stayed in it about 72 nights last year.
Just me and my wife, tow with 2010 Tundra.
jerry1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #6

It will be the same for us, just me and the wife, although we have the older style Tundra.

Thanks,

Nights camped 2014 = 5
Old 04-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #7

Shake Down Run

Well, we finally took out the 2904SS on a shake down cruise for 5 nights at a full hookup RV park in Great Falls, MT. It rained, snowed, was sunny, and got to freezing temps at night.

Everything worked well, we checked EVERYTHING, ran the frig, heat, AC, water pump, showered, used the air bed in the couch, watched TV, DVD cable, and used all the speakers.

The only downside was a loose connection under the sink that was fixed on the spot, and a miner problem with a cabinet door that was also fixed immediately.

Needless to say we are very happy and ready for some serious camping this year!

Nights camped 2014 = 5
Old 05-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #8

Rockwood 2904 SS UL

We just purchased a 2014 2904SS. Stayed in it two nights on our return trip from SC to PA. Towed well. We have a leak around the rear drivers side window and can't figure out how to turn on the light over the sink. We have owned 5 trailers in the past and so far, this one has lots of nice things about it. My biggest concern is getting a local dealer to do warranty work since we made the purchase out of state. Any hints on turning on the light would be appreciated.
diesel901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Hey, all!

Last week, we traded out old 2009 Nomad (18 feet) trailer in for a 2013 Rockwood UL 2904SS. (Just under 34 feet)

We LOVE it and just got back from a short 3-day camping trip to try out everything.

We only had a few issues and, also, a few new things to learn. Issues:

-Toilet shooting a bit of water over the lip when flushing. (It only happened at the start when you first start push down the lever.) I disconnected from shore water and tried it with just the water pump and it would do the same thing. Yesterday, I brought it to dealer to check out and, of course, it would not do it, again. I was parked a little at an angle and dealer also suggested I get a water pressure valve to ensure we only get 40-50 PSI. He said many parks have 80+ PSI for water pressure. I'll, also, check my levels when parking next time.

-Water was found leaking from underneath the sink the first day. I checked the PVC pipes and, yep, one was VERY lose. So we'll be checking all of those from now on.

I did have to disconnect my truck and go to the nearest Walmart to buy a 20-foot RV sewer line as my 15-foot didn't fit. I, also learned to connect the rear gray tank before setting up because it's not fun climbing underneath the slide to hook it up to drain! :-)

We head out, again, next week for a 4-day camping trip. I've ordered the water regulator and, also, a 10-foot LP gas line extender so we can put the BBQ grill on a table and not have to use next to the trailer.

Diesel: The control panel has a switch for inside lights that controls just the sink light (from what I've seen). Have you tried turning that on and then the light over the sink?
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood