Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #1

Rockwood 5th wheel questions

We have a 2016 Rockwood Superlite 8299 fifth wheel. We have been concerned that there is no manual with details of how things work. We are probably paranoid, but are concerned if the motors fail on our 3 slide outs. We found the hole to insert the crank for the 2 big living quarters slides, but are mystified in how we would manually slide the bedroom slide in. Also, where is the water heater bypass levers? We are thinking that they perhaps may be in the basement behind a wood panel. Every time the dealer winterizes our unit, we have to deal with foamy antifreeze hot water for a long time in the Spring. And, is is there an automatic cross-over from one tank to the other if both tanks are open? Those of you with similar Flagstaff units might have similar situations. Hope my posting works, this time. Thanks.
clayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #2

Manuals usually never give you the level of details you looking for. They are genearic designed to cover absolutely nothing. If you wsnt to know how stuff works, go make a list of make,model, and serial number for everything. Then go online to the various mfg web sites and download their brochures. Everything else takes time and practice. You might also consider hiring a mobile RV tech to come to your trailer and let him explain how stuff works.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #3

Clayart,
With a little research on this site you can get most of those questions answered.
On my 11' rockwood 8286 I have to remove the 2 drawers under the sink to get to the by pass valve for my water heater. All the piping is color coded on my also, blue cold/ red hot. For the slide, not sure what you have, there are plenty of you tube videos on manually moving slides. At best the owners manual may be a good fire starter. I may have one on my home computer, I will try to post later.

Enjoy the new camper
bayoubraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #4
Site Team

Clayart, unfortunately generic owners manuals have been the RV Industry standard for years, no matter the manufacturer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #5

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1531867560
First try at uploading, maybe it works?
Here is my manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FOREST RIVER MANUAL 2010 MIN SIZE (1).pdf (5.17 MB, 65 views)
Old 07-17-2018, 05:52 PM   #6

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1531867901

One more, for the slide
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lieppert Electric-Through-Frame-Slide-Out-Manual.pdf (2.34 MB, 66 views)
Old 07-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubraud View Post
I received the attachments and I thank you very much, bayoubraud.
clayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #8

We have different units but my wardrobe slide is BAL Norco Accu Slide that uses a worm gear motor/box and cables. I am now replacing a bad gearbox which takes about 20 minutes, it took much longer for me to figure the type of unit I have and how to fix it, thank you YouTube On this type of slide there is a cable to insert into motor or gearbox and other end in a drill can move the slide in/out manually. Also easy to disconnect the cable system to move it in manually if I ever have to.

I suggest checking your documentation and/or manufacturer to know the type of slides you have then spend time on youtube to understand them better. I had no previous experience with mine then after researching a bit I can replace the motor, gearbox, adjust cables and other minor repairs.
2003 Dodge Cummins w/Banks 3:73
CraigBean7672 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, rockwood, wheel