Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Site Team

Rockwood 8282WS owners , and others, beware!

New problem discovered with my rockwood. Check yours before damage is done.
Issue is this... sofa sleeper sits against rear wall. Left - rear sofa leg (facing sofa) can drop into a hole cut in the floor that wiring and fresh water inlet tube runs thru. When it does, a smaller round leg in centered between the foldout bed and storage seat will bare all the weight. Mine punched thru the floor about 1 1/4". Dealer took pictures today to send to forest river for approval and advice on repair. The linoleum just stretched out and sunk into the hole but you can tell the plywood had a round punch out underneath.
Look to see if the left sofa corner sits lower than the right. That's your clue.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Issue is this... sofa sleeper sits against rear wall. Left - rear sofa leg (facing sofa) can drop into a hole cut in the floor that wiring and fresh water inlet tube runs thru. When it does, a smaller round leg in centered between the foldout bed and storage seat will bare all the weight. Mine punched thru the floor about 1 1/4". Dealer took pictures today to send to forest river for approval and advice on repair. The linoleum just stretched out and sunk into the hole but you can tell the plywood had a round punch out underneath.
Look to see if the left sofa corner sits lower than the right. That's your clue.
Gonna look at mine when I p/u mine from the dealer tomorrow. Thanks...

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Site Team

Pull sofa out about a foot and you'll see the holes that the legs drop in to. Can prevent damage. Wish some had warned me of these things. Lol. Still love it tho and it tows so easy.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #4

thanks for the heads up I will check my in the am
farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #5

Quote:
pulled my couch out. Found mine underneath the Corian shelf probably where it's supposed to be. Is this the whole your couch fell into or am I looking for something else?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131005_105001.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	40674

Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #6

This is not a New issue. I believe Member (Weezer) posted about the (Hole) in their V-nose. Rockwood & Flagstaff come out of the same Fac. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post

pulled my couch out. Found mine underneath the Corian shelf probably where it's supposed to be. Is this the whole your couch fell into or am I looking for something else?
Yes. That's the hole. I have minimal carpet so mine had linoleum there. Matching hole on opposite side doesn't seem to be a problem. Your sofa has a leg just left of center which will bare all the weight should the rear leg drop in the hole. See if you have a dimple in your carpet and feel with your hand if it has punched thru the floor board.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This is not a New issue. I believe Member (Weezer) posted about the (Hole) in their V-nose. Rockwood & Flagstaff come out of the same Fac. Youroo!!
I do remember reading that a while back but I didnt remember what units if was about. I'll look it up. Thanks.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post

Now that I look closer I see your sofa leg imprint in the carpet. Looks like the hole is smaller or they moved the leg inward. Yours looks OK.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #10

Quote:

Now that I look closer I see your sofa leg imprint in the carpet. Looks like the hole is smaller or they moved the leg inward. Yours looks OK.
The hole on mine is almost all the way on the exterior wall underneath that corner countertop. So yes the couch leg is not anywhere near it. Is the hole they made for your water supply not near that exterior wall?

Old 10-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #11
Site Team

Yes Joe. It is cut from the wall and extends far enough out to accommodate the sofa leg. Ha. Must have figured out a solution for 2014 models.