Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #1

rockwood 8293RKSS

hi all, new user here...my rockwood hasn't even come in yet, any one with this particular model with advice for a newbie???
Oubie Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #2

I'll second his question; also waiting on the 8293rkss. We're in the 9th week. Can't wait!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator
I'll second his question; also waiting on the 8293rkss. We're in the 9th week. Can't wait!
"her"question!! Lol!!
Old 05-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubie Jr View Post
"her"question!! Lol!!
Oops! Sorry about that. I wonder if we're the only two waiting "impatiently" for our TT's? We need to get this thing home, get it packed up with all of our stuff, go out on a "shakedown" weekend, and then leave for an 8-day trip on June 18th. I'm starting to freak out a bit. Does anyone know if we can contact FR direct to find out about an offline date?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #5

Quote:

Oops! Sorry about that. I wonder if we're the only two waiting "impatiently" for our TT's? We need to get this thing home, get it packed up with all of our stuff, go out on a "shakedown" weekend, and then leave for an 8-day trip on June 18th. I'm starting to freak out a bit. Does anyone know if we can contact FR direct to find out about an offline date?
Ok...so the last time I talked to my guy...mine was supposed to come off-line on the 18th...Then would ship out.... I'm kind of scared to call, last two times I called..they backed it up!!!!! And we can't possibly be the only two!! Lol!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #6

Oubie Jr - I see you are from Louisiana also. Who did you order your Rockwood from?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray
Oubie Jr - I see you are from Louisiana also. Who did you order your Rockwood from?
Primeaux rv....in carencro..you have one on order also? From who?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #8

I hear FR makes similar models in "groups" maybe mine will be done soon too. I'm with you- I'm afraid to call. We're only about 4 1/2 hours from the factory, so my TT could be here in one day from factory to dealer. I'm in Wisconsin. I have relatives in West Monroe; how far is that from you?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubie Jr View Post
Primeaux rv....in carencro..you have one on order also? From who?
I have not ordered one yet. Still deciding on which one to get.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #10

Quote:
I hear FR makes similar models in "groups" maybe mine will be done soon too. I'm with you- I'm afraid to call. We're only about 4 1/2 hours from the factory, so my TT could be here in one day from factory to dealer. I'm in Wisconsin. I have relatives in West Monroe; how far is that from you?
West Monroe is about 3 to 4 hours away ! Yeah, you are wayyyy closer than me!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #11

Quote:

I have not ordered one yet. Still deciding on which one to get.
Gotcha!! Forest river also has a flagstaff exactly like this particular rockwood...there wasn't a dealer close enough that carried the flagstaff so when I found the rockwood I jumped on it!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #12

The dealer that is the closest to us has Flagstaff. But they do not have the particular model that we want to look at. We was in West Monroe last week and that dealer had Rockwood models. But again they did not have the model we wanted to look at. By the way we are looking for a small fifth wheel.

Carencro is about 3 hours from us, but we will wait until the Mississippi River/Morganza spilloff is stable before we head that way. Your dealer shows a lot of the models we want to look at. Are these actually on the lot?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #13

Quote:
The dealer that is the closest to us has Flagstaff. But they do not have the particular model that we want to look at. We was in West Monroe last week and that dealer had Rockwood models. But again they did not have the model we wanted to look at. By the way we are looking for a small fifth wheel.

Carencro is about 3 hours from us, but we will wait until the Mississippi River/Morganza spilloff is stable before we head that way. Your dealer shows a lot of the models we want to look at. Are these actually on the lot?
Last time I was on the lot (end of march) they had quite a few fifth wheels...also, there is a flagstaff dealer, which is southern rv....but they don't carry the one I was looking for!!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #14

I FINALLY have some news! I have a build date of May 19th. Then it has to go through quality control and then to transportation. My dealer told me that 1/3 of the delivery drivers have taken their trucks off the road due to the fuel prices. We scored a VERY sweet deal today on a used Dodge Ram 3500 today, so if push comes to shove we'll be making a road trip to Indiana to pick it up. Now I'll have to work until I'm 120 to pay for both of these things.....but at least I'll be happy!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #15

Quote:
I FINALLY have some news! I have a build date of May 19th. Then it has to go through quality control and then to transportation. My dealer told me that 1/3 of the delivery drivers have taken their trucks off the road due to the fuel prices. We scored a VERY sweet deal today on a used Dodge Ram 3500 today, so if push comes to shove we'll be making a road trip to Indiana to pick it up. Now I'll have to work until I'm 120 to pay for both of these things.....but at least I'll be happy!!!
Well Cograts!! That's awesome!!!!! Hopefully I hear something soon on mine also!! Then I'll be a "happy camper". Lol!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Well finally got word on ours!! It's off-line now just waiting to ship!! But the shipping will take longer than usual because of the drivers taking their trucks off of the road.
. So I guess we are looking at 10 more days or so...hopefully it comes in in time for a test run before our scheduled Trip in the beginning of July!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #17

That is SUCH great news!!! Yea!!! I suspect they make one model at a time. Glad they finally got to ours!! Our TT can be at our dealer in about 4-5 hours, so I'm hoping it gets to the dealer next week. Soooooo much to do before our 9 day trip starting June 18th.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #18

Quote:
That is SUCH great news!!! Yea!!! I suspect they make one model at a time. Glad they finally got to ours!! Our TT can be at our dealer in about 4-5 hours, so I'm hoping it gets to the dealer next week. Soooooo much to do before our 9 day trip starting June 18th.

One of the surprising parts was that forest river actually called me to tell me about the delay!! That's awesome!! I am Totally impressed!! I'll bet you have lots to do!!cause I know I do, not having owned a TT before!! I want to take a small weekend before our trip in july!! Hopefully we have time!!! Good luck and I hope you get yours EARLY next week!!!! Post pics if you can!!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #19

Wow..I'm impressed that they called you. How long have you been waiting? We're in our 10th week.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubie Jr

One of the surprising parts was that forest river actually called me to tell me about the delay!! That's awesome!! I am Totally impressed!! I'll bet you have lots to do!!cause I know I do, not having owned a TT before!! I want to take a small weekend before our trip in july!! Hopefully we have time!!! Good luck and I hope you get yours EARLY next week!!!! Post pics if you can!!
When I went to the dealer,(the last week in march) it was already on order ... So I don't know the actual order date!! But it should be about 10 or 11 weeks!! I am SOOOOO ready for it to be here!

Tags
8293rkss