Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #1

rockwood 8312ss questions

We've had our 8312ss now for 2 full seasons, and about to start our 3rd and i have a couple of questions.

Our stabailizer jacks ( electric ) don't work worth a crap. You can put them down, as far as they go, lift the front 0f the trailer and put them down some more, but it still isn't stable. moves all the time, and drives the wife and i crazy. Any thoughts on this? We're in a permenent spot now and the trailer never moves. So i was thinking about buying some jack stands and using those.

Second issue is the back room floor vent. Heat barely comes out of it. We need to put a electric heater in there for the daughter cause it doesn't warm up at all. With out the heater it's freezing back there. All the other vents crank out the heat.

Secondly, the sirius radio that came with the trailer, it even has the faceplate mount for the faceplate, so it's gotta be wired right? We put it in , and nothing, we can't get any signal?? I tried calling customer service the first summer about it, but the idiot on the phone couldn't grab the concept of the radio being hard wired in to the trailer... kept telling me to run the cables out side, and i asked him if he thought i should drill a hole through the side of the trailer?? seing how they're hard wired in, and have a specific spot mounted next to the entertainment system, there should be no need to run any wires right?

Now these aren't dealer breakers with the trailer, we love the trailer, and have had absolutely no issues with it. and it's been driven from Indianna to Montana without any problems. No leaks of any kind. These problems are just annoying. And i'm curious if anyone else has come accross these as well.

Neil
nelly101 is offline   Reply With Quote