Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #21

Final Update:

Just drove out and picked up my 2008 8313 from Forest River. They ended up replacing one wall, the floor and the roof at a cost of $1500 out of my pocket plus expenses of travel from Baltimore to Millersburg In. Wasn’t happy that I had to pay but being out of warranty I guess that was not too bad for all the work done. The work they did was outstanding and the people at Forest River were great to work with. If I have learned anything from this is that I will send the $125 every other year for the Seal Leak Test to ensure I have no leaks or the location if any leaks.
Eastsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastsider View Post
Final Update:

Just drove out and picked up my 2008 8313 from Forest River. They ended up replacing one wall, the floor and the roof at a cost of $1500 out of my pocket plus expenses of travel from Baltimore to Millersburg In. Wasn’t happy that I had to pay but being out of warranty I guess that was not too bad for all the work done. The work they did was outstanding and the people at Forest River were great to work with. If I have learned anything from this is that I will send the $125 every other year for the Seal Leak Test to ensure I have no leaks or the location if any leaks.
It sounds like you are relatively happy, so congratulations. I had the roof and both sidewalls replaced on my 8313. Since they did the roof, they had to remove everything on top, replace the roof, then re-cut the holes and reinstall the stuff on the roof. On mine, they made some bad cuts and it doesn't look as good as it did when I took it in. There are no leaks and only I can see it, so I am going to live with it. I recommend that you go over it thoroughly and don't assume anything.

Happy camping!
Ray
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #23

Well after reading this thread I may have to reconsider my next purchase. I have been looking at the Rockwood Windjammer 3065 as a possible interim TT until I can afford the ultimate 5er and truck I want. The problems posted here are exactly why I'm selling my currant TH and certainly not want to go through that again. It is good to here that FR has fixed most problems.
Any WJ owners with these problems.

Hey I saw the SUN yesterday!

Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0 PSD
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD QC King Ranch
2006 Titanium 36E41MPRV Loaded
SoundMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #24

Soundman,

I can't blame you for thinking that way. I have seen several posts from Rockwood owners like me (8313ss) who have had leak problems. In my case, I actually partially blame myself. If I had regularly inspected and re-sealed the roof seams from the beginning, I may not have had the issues that I did.

My wife and I really love our unit. With the repairs now out of the way, we have no regrets about the purchase we made in 2008.

Ray
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #25
Site Team - Lou

New; direct fron the factory, my 2010 has required sealant touchup twice now since I bought it. I do have a large box of Eterna-bond tape in the camper waiting for a sunny day in Florida. Film at Eleven...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood