Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #1

Rockwood 8314BSS Repairs

Just got the Rock back from Forest River in Millersburg,IN. I had a delamination issue with the door side of the unit. I followed protocol and took pics to my dealer. They then contacted FR and within a week, had an appointment to drop off the unit. Lucky I'm only about 2 hours away. In my book, they did an awesome job fixing everything. They found it needed both sidewalls and a new roof. They replaced, with new, all the water inlets, one new hatch door, new range hood outside vent, new roof vents, clearance lites on sides, both TV and radio antennas, resealed all windows and even replaced the concertone unit with the GT 3.0 Genesis by Concertone. They found it not working right. The service guys even put some nice trim around the fridge and I had changed out the cabinet door hardware so I could open doors without taking off a hinge and they filled those screw holes that I hadn't finished up. All this as a goodwill as it was off warranty.
Can't wait to get it out camping this fall. I'm so glad I chose a Forest River Rockwood RV.

Oh, when we went to pick it up, My wife met Jonathan Gust who is the service center manager. On their way out of his office to the pick up lot, he gave her a quick tour of the the unit assembly area. Sure would have like to see that but a bum knee kept me in the truck. Mr. Gust took time to meet with me and at our request, made us copies of the repairs done. Both Mr. Gust and Floyd MIller, the repair center manager, were so nice and thorough in making sure everything was right with our unit. Kudos to their crews too. Can't say enough about them and Forest River standing by it's products.

Gary S.

I
GARBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote