Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2020, 12:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Retired View Post
Ordered our Rockwood 2204s on July 2nd... talked with salesman last week - said it should come off the line tomorrow Sept 8th. Then, get it checked at the factory, then on a truck, then to Northern CA. , then the dealer to make a few mods that we requested, the PDI, then our pick up. He said to anticipate from 3rd week of Sept, to 2nd week of Oct... so - 14 weeks or so is what we expect. Good things take time.... patience is worth it when spending this kind of money
Thanks for putting into perspective. We did finally hear that our trailer has been OK'd for pickup at the factory. I have made plans with the dealer to pick up on Oct. 2nd. He feels confident that he will have it there by then (he's contracted his own transport company, so he has a little more control over delivery). All tolled - 14 weeks from when order was placed, so you are right-on-the-money. We are going to make a weekend of camping/fishing in Colorado when we pick it up - then it'll be home to winterize until next spring. At least we'll get to spend a few nights in our new rig. Can't wait.
FiremedicPQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 01:28 PM   #22

We got word last week ours should come off the line in 2-3 weeks and then ship. We hope maybe to get it by the 3rd week in Oct.
jimbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:09 PM   #23

Talked to my dealer about an appointment to get my a/c fixed/replaced and they gave me a November 5th appointment. Said the trailer manufacturers were having trouble getting parts to even build trailers. Service manager said they were having trouble getting a/c replacements and didn’t know how long it would take.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:17 PM   #24

Delivery dates in 2021

We placed our order for a Geo Pro G19FD in December 2020 and were told it would likely be 3 or 4 months before it is delivered. I'm reading that a few folks say 5 months is common during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Anyone have recent Rockwood experience to compare? How many months for you?

Retired data geek, experienced tent camper but relatively new to the trailer-towing world.
wlpendley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:00 PM   #25

how long does it take

Placed order on July 2nd.. 2020... picked up from dealer on October 10th
Chris Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:07 AM   #26

Ordered 2614bs 8/11/20 received by dealer in Florida 1/3/21 so about 4.5 months.
Beer disposal expert.
dale1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:15 PM   #27
Casual Camper

Ordered First RV

Just ordered a 2608bs on 1/25. Dealer said I should see it end of March or early April. Really eager to burn the old tent....
Ex-tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 05:35 PM   #28

Still Waiting

Ordered a 2021 Rockwood 2511s in mid Feb 2021. Dealer says they checked and no info from the factory. I'm hoping for a May delivery, but not confident. I don't even have a VIN yet.
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #29

Ordered a Mini-Lite 2506s at the end of February. At the time I was told most likely May, but got an update last week which stated probably June. Much of the glue(s) used in trailer making apparently come from Texas, and the big freeze caused a slowdown at some of the factories.
"No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing..."
Scottnweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottnweeze View Post
Ordered a Mini-Lite 2506s at the end of February. At the time I was told most likely May, but got an update last week which stated probably June. Much of the glue(s) used in trailer making apparently come from Texas, and the big freeze caused a slowdown at some of the factories.
I ordered a Mini-Lite 2506s as well but in late January. Still haven't received mine and being told might be end of April or early May. Originally was told mid March, so it seems like my dealership has no clue and keeps extending the date out. Hopefully it will arrive soon.
R-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:15 PM   #31

lots of parts delays due to COVID shortages... COVID shortages is part of the new vocabulary which started last spring... I ordered a normally IN-STOCK item last April 2020, and could not get it until mid-June 2020 because of COVID shortages...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:07 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottnweeze View Post
Update: After finally wrapping my head around waiting until June for delivery I got a call from my dealer that my trailer is sitting on the lot, they're putting the solar up top and 6vs up front and I have an appointment for Friday to pick it up. Apparently someone who ordered my model in December backed out and I was next in line... tis a crazy life for sure.
Old 04-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #33

Congrats on the great news Scottnweeze!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:33 PM   #34

We ordered our 2509S in late February. I emailed the dealer for an update on Monday. They called me yesterday all excited and told me that our unit was slated for build the first week of July which would put us right at our 14 week build schedule... I immediately tell them, no, we were told May was the timeline. They say, "Oh yeah, you ordered in February. Let us call the rep back, they must have your unit confused with another order. We'll call you back".

I finally get a call from them today and am told that they're going to be able to make a mid May timeline. They talked to the rep and will be "stealing a unit from another dealer" that is provisioned the same way we wanted except that it was the white color option vs the tan we ordered.

I'm pretty sure they forgot to put our order in...

It would have been easy for them to say that any number of issues were causing a delay with our order: a factory burned down, foam supply issues, the superconductor shortage, etc. They didn't. They scrambled and are "stealing" a unit to make our timeline. I can only speculate that they forgot to put my order in until yesterday when I emailed them and then hoped they could pass off the July date.

Either way, I'm happy the dealer is making it right and that I didn't have to fight with them to get it done. Now we have a chance of being able to use it for our first reservation of the summer, but I'm not going to hold my breath...
Paerrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:53 AM   #35

@Scottnweeze & @Paerrin:
Any chance these experiences were with RVW? We're getting the same runaround... promised late April/early May, now June+ with no info? I would understand if we were given some specifics (or they actually reached out to Rockwood for an update). I must admit that your situations give us hope and I am fine with being the squeaky wheel.
tbmslt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:21 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmslt View Post
@Scottnweeze & @Paerrin:
Any chance these experiences were with RVW? We're getting the same runaround... promised late April/early May, now June+ with no info? I would understand if we were given some specifics (or they actually reached out to Rockwood for an update). I must admit that your situations give us hope and I am fine with being the squeaky wheel.
Sorry, no. Mine is with a local dealer in Denver. They had told us the same thing, late April/early May but I never figure April would happen. My situation is outside of the normal Covid supply issues though I'm pretty sure. And even with them now telling me they can do May, I won't be surprised if I end up getting it in June.
Paerrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:49 AM   #37

Quote:
@Scottnweeze & @Paerrin:
Sorry. Also no. This is a dealer in Utah that so far has been off the charts to work with. My Geo Pro was purchased in Denver and that was also a great experience.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:14 PM   #38

Quote:
@Scottnweeze & @Paerrin:
Hey there tbmslt, we're also buying from RVW and placed our order for a Geo Pro G19FD on 12/31/2020. It is finally rolling out of the Rockwood factory next week ~ 04/14/2021 and our salesman was able to get the VIN number. So that is four months of factory time, plus the dealer prep time and the shipping time to our address.

I expect to see it in my driveway by early May. That will be too late for Spring camping in the Southwest, but still a remarkable achievement considering the pandemic was in full blast during this build cycle.

Bonus: we will have both our vaccines on board when the rig arrives.

Retired data geek, experienced tent camper but relatively new to the trailer-towing world.
wlpendley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlpendley View Post
Hey there tbmslt, we're also buying from RVW and placed our order for a Geo Pro G19FD on 12/31/2020. It is finally rolling out of the Rockwood factory next week ~ 04/14/2021 and our salesman was able to get the VIN number. So that is four months of factory time, plus the dealer prep time and the shipping time to our address.

I expect to see it in my driveway by early May. That will be too late for Spring camping in the Southwest, but still a remarkable achievement considering the pandemic was in full blast during this build cycle.

Bonus: we will have both our vaccines on board when the rig arrives.
Aligns with what the Rockwood team told me today, 4 month minimum from order date. I hope you enjoy your new camper and safe travels!
tbmslt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #40

Like you, I ordered my 2506 January 21st and was told probably mid April to mid May for delivery. Called last week and now the dealer is saying June. I guess it is what it is.
2013 Prime Crusader 5th Wheel 290RL
2006 Glendale Titanium 5th wheel 30E35TS
2015 GMC Sierra Z-71, 1500, std bed, 4 WD, 5.3, 3.42
camperdave825 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood