Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2020, 12:43 PM   #1

Rockwood Delivery Date

I am certain we all have seen the reports that RV sales have skyrocketed during the COVID pandemic. This has placed additional stress on the workers and plants turning out units as fast as they can. We placed an order two months ago and have received a date that our trailer will come off the line (09/03). Our dealer, has told us that sometimes the units come off the line, then are put in holding as they wait for back ordered parts. I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with delivery dates from Rockwood. Any info would be greatly appreciated as we have the maiden voyage already planned.
FiremedicPQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:19 PM   #2

What model of Rockwood?
amoeba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoeba3 View Post
What model of Rockwood?
Mini lite 2205S
Old 08-27-2020, 04:09 PM   #4
Enjoying Life

Sometimes it has to wait for a delivery driver.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #5

I'd bet that the parts aren't a major consideration. rockwood may choose to use a different equivalent "part" if appropriate, hopefully they have the necessary items on hand before beginning the build. Our 2205 came off on the date stated and was delivered to Northern CA within a few days.
flyflotrtim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:19 PM   #6

Thank you

Thank you for the responses. I am more hopeful that we will get our rig in time for our planned outing. Here's keeping our fingers crossed.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:47 PM   #7

Waiting

We ordered ours 8/4 and have not heard a word. We ordered a 2604SW which they are discontinuing. We hope we made the cut and will make it in tine to still use it this season.
jimbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuck View Post
We ordered ours 8/4 and have not heard a word. We ordered a 2604SW which they are discontinuing. We hope we made the cut and will make it in tine to still use it this season.
Just an FYI - we placed our order the first week of July and didn't get our expected delivery date for a little over a month. The VIN took a few more weeks. Good luck on the new trailer and the anticipation.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:22 PM   #9

Thanks for the info. We heard they run the orders for a particular model all at once. Since the 2604 is going to be discontinued who knows when they will run it.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:03 AM   #10

I heard that the factories are so back logged that they have taken to running production from the heaviest order to the least (i.e. model with most number on order goes first). Don't have a name, but one manafacturer is saying that they have enough orders to focus on 'retail builds' for the next 7 to 9 months almost exclusively! Plus most manufacturers will do retail builds (customer order units) before they will do stock/inventory units. Recommendation (take this with a pinch of salt) is to get your name on a unit rather than waiting for it to come into a dealer inventory. YMMV.
Crookedhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:13 AM   #11

Oh we have ordered. Used Shady Maple in PA. Order was accepted at the factory according to salesman. Is just a month today since we ordered. One factory person said all customer orders would be completed by end of Sept. that is orders they had at that time.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookedhalo View Post
I heard that the factories are so back logged that they have taken to running production from the heaviest order to the least (i.e. model with most number on order goes first). Don't have a name, but one manafacturer is saying that they have enough orders to focus on 'retail builds' for the next 7 to 9 months almost exclusively! Plus most manufacturers will do retail builds (customer order units) before they will do stock/inventory units. Recommendation (take this with a pinch of salt) is to get your name on a unit rather than waiting for it to come into a dealer inventory. YMMV.
Thanks. Yes, we placed the order for a specific unit, not waiting for dealer stock. Our dealer suggested the same. We are keeping our hopes up. I saw a YouTube video explaining that customer units are given preference.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuck View Post
Oh we have ordered. Used Shady Maple in PA. Order was accepted at the factory according to salesman. Is just a month today since we ordered. One factory person said all customer orders would be completed by end of Sept. that is orders they had at that time.
Good luck!
Old 09-02-2020, 08:44 AM   #14

What was the video?
Old 09-02-2020, 08:53 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to B and B
The comedian at Haylet RV did a video earlier this week showing large empty lot with no RV's and no RV's with residential fridges. He seemed to be all gloom and doom and did mention a good piece of information. With the sales boom there are very few good deals price wise right now. If you can wait an ordered RV might be less come November or December before a lot of Winter RV shows start up.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
The comedian at Haylet RV did a video earlier this week showing large empty lot with no RV's and no RV's with residential fridges. He seemed to be all gloom and doom and did mention a good piece of information. With the sales boom there are very few good deals price wise right now. If you can wait an ordered RV might be less come November or December before a lot of Winter RV shows start up.
Exactly - that's the video. Good info on the status of the manufacturing plants, I thought.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #17

Yes, it was the Haylett video. I've never met the guy but he seems eager to share his knowledge so I trust his information as much as anyone elses. It sort of dovetails with what I've seen/heard locally...
Crookedhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #18

Placed Geo Pro order mid July. Haven't heard anything but sure wish we can get the bigger sink!
amoeba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:13 PM   #19

RW 2204S on order

Ordered our Rockwood 2204s on July 2nd... talked with salesman last week - said it should come off the line tomorrow Sept 8th. Then, get it checked at the factory, then on a truck, then to Northern CA. , then the dealer to make a few mods that we requested, the PDI, then our pick up. He said to anticipate from 3rd week of Sept, to 2nd week of Oct... so - 14 weeks or so is what we expect. Good things take time.... patience is worth it when spending this kind of money
Chris Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:36 PM   #20

We are wanting to upgrade, but cannot find the model we want just to go look at the floorplan in person. Thinking we may be able to find one used in the not so distant future. As people who purchased during the pandemic decide to sell. Patience is key.

2018 Cherokee Limited 274DBH (2020- )
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2304KS (2017-2020)
1992(?) Coleman Newport pop up (2000-2006)
2018 Nissan Titan SV
Max the Mini is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood