Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #21

I just took delivery of a 2306 with all of the options but the power tongue. I was at $12,222.44 plus tax....I then added an Equalizer Hitch for $450 so that brought me up to just over $12,672 plus sales tax and $45 title fee.
My options included:
12V Battery
2 LP Tanks
Conv Package(AC,DVD,LCD TV,Awning,Micro,grill.....tons more
Gas Oven
2 Bunk with bottom Storage
Murphy Bed
CM Detector
Water Purifier
Bath Roof Fan/Vent
Heated Matteress
jlwardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwardn View Post
I just took delivery of a 2306 with all of the options but the power tongue. I was at $12,222.44 plus tax....I then added an Equalizer Hitch for $450 so that brought me up to just over $12,672 plus sales tax and $45 title fee.
My options included:
12V Battery
2 LP Tanks
Conv Package(AC,DVD,LCD TV,Awning,Micro,grill.....tons more
Gas Oven
2 Bunk with bottom Storage
Murphy Bed
CM Detector
Water Purifier
Bath Roof Fan/Vent
Heated Matteress
Where exactly did you find that deal? Used? Year?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Where exactly did you find that deal? Used? Year?
Brand New 2013. I took delivery just before November.
I sell cars for a living so I negotiate the rv similarly. I want to see the actual invoice and negotiate knowing actual dealer costs. RV dealers are also like Car Dealers.....they make extra profit from the bank when you finance with them. You also have to make sure the rate is competitive since they can mark it up and keep the extra percentage for them. My price included a financing discount. If you ever find a lower rate you can refinance it later. In my case they wanted to charge 5.5%APR in order to give me the extra discount. I agreed. I then waited a few months and refinance with my credit union for 3.99%APR.
Beware of typical tricks they play. Get the price of the unit and negotiate before you tell them you have to trade in a vehicle. That way they won't keep the price very high just to "show" you a higher than average trade in value.
When caught with too high of a price they may claim....we can now do it lower because the manufacture just came out with an extra inventory incentive. I had two other dealers pull that when I told them the price I was getting from one of their competitors.
I even called one dealer that had a left over 2012. They were horrible. Worse than any slick used car salesman you could ever think of. They would not give me a price. Must have told me 25 times for me to make him and offer or what was I willing to pay. I told him a price.....based on my 2013 price I had. He got all pissed off and basically said I was on crack and could never get a left over 2012 for even close to what I told him I was paying for a 2013. What a joke. When I asked for his manager because I was serious in buying it.......he hung up on me. Their loss since 2 days later I bought the 2013 for thousands less.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #24

I paid $13,500 for my brand new 2013 2306 with the same options you listed and I thought that was good. lol.

2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2004 F-150 4.6 Liter 4x2 Factory Tow Package
2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
wolfpack21643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
10 days at WDW sounds amazing ~ are you planning to stay at Ft Wilderness? It's soooooo nice ~ you guys will love it Be sure to take bikes or rent a golf cart (in advance) the place is huge. so much fun ahead for ya
We are staying at Ft Wilderness. I cant wait. We love theme parks and this will be my 6 year old daughters first trip to WDW. She is already counting days. We are also spending 12 nights at the KOA in Williamsburg, Va where we will be spending our days at Bush Gardens and Water Country. That trip is three weeks before WDW so it will be a fun time for us. My only worry is the Tow to WDW and back at 940 miles each way Im worried about those China bomb tires the 2306 came with. I just cant bring myself to get rid of the factory tires though, they are only 10 months old with less then 2,000 miles on them.

2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwardn View Post

Brand New 2013. I took delivery just before November.
I sell cars for a living so I negotiate the rv similarly. I want to see the actual invoice and negotiate knowing actual dealer costs. RV dealers are also like Car Dealers.....they make extra profit from the bank when you finance with them. You also have to make sure the rate is competitive since they can mark it up and keep the extra percentage for them. My price included a financing discount. If you ever find a lower rate you can refinance it later. In my case they wanted to charge 5.5%APR in order to give me the extra discount. I agreed. I then waited a few months and refinance with my credit union for 3.99%APR.
Beware of typical tricks they play. Get the price of the unit and negotiate before you tell them you have to trade in a vehicle. That way they won't keep the price very high just to "show" you a higher than average trade in value.
When caught with too high of a price they may claim....we can now do it lower because the manufacture just came out with an extra inventory incentive. I had two other dealers pull that when I told them the price I was getting from one of their competitors.
I even called one dealer that had a left over 2012. They were horrible. Worse than any slick used car salesman you could ever think of. They would not give me a price. Must have told me 25 times for me to make him and offer or what was I willing to pay. I told him a price.....based on my 2013 price I had. He got all pissed off and basically said I was on crack and could never get a left over 2012 for even close to what I told him I was paying for a 2013. What a joke. When I asked for his manager because I was serious in buying it.......he hung up on me. Their loss since 2 days later I bought the 2013 for thousands less.
So I ask again... Where exactly did you get that deal? What dealer? And what was the finance discount? We're paying cash.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #27

Quote:
So I ask again... Where exactly did you get that deal? What dealer? And what was the finance discount? We're paying cash.
Remember this is just like buying a new car. Almost no one gets the same deal. The "best deal" or "best price" is ultimately up to the buyer. When you feel you have received a "deal" or when the value of what you are buying exceeds the prices.....that is when one says yes and agrees to buy
Car dealers and RV dealers operate the same way. And they stay in business like this:
They sell a few units at huge profits and take advantage of people
They sell alot of vehicles at fair profits
They sell a few at cost and make no profit
...and occasionally they sell a few units below cost and lose money.

The few they sell hat huge profits usually equals what they sell for cost or a loss. 90% of their income comes from fair deals dealing with fair customers.

I bought at RV Wholesalers just like many other people. Just like everywhere...the best deal is up to you and what you feel is "fair" not based on what someone else paid. I would have paid more if I was face to face with a professional salesperson who treated me politely and valued me as a customer. One who showed me the value of what I was buying. Remember you buy the service, the salesperson and the product.

Buying at a dealer's cost or below cost is not for everyone......It takes time(shopping and researching) and some negotiating skills.......and some hurt feelings at times.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack21643 View Post

We are staying at Ft Wilderness. I cant wait. We love theme parks and this will be my 6 year old daughters first trip to WDW. She is already counting days. We are also spending 12 nights at the KOA in Williamsburg, Va where we will be spending our days at Bush Gardens and Water Country. That trip is three weeks before WDW so it will be a fun time for us. My only worry is the Tow to WDW and back at 940 miles each way Im worried about those China bomb tires the 2306 came with. I just cant bring myself to get rid of the factory tires though, they are only 10 months old with less then 2,000 miles on them.
Very jealous! We are DVC members and were just down for our annual January trip. We had considered going again this summer in the camper... we ultimately decided not to. We'll be back in Jan 2014 and will be purchasing annual passes again then, so a summer 2014 trip might be possible. Next year will be my 16th WDW vacation. Can't get enough of of the Mouse! Please drop back in after your trips and give us an update! Been to most Disney resorts but we've never stayed at Fort Wilderness.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #29

Make sure you check the undercarriage for frame and axel rust.
electraglideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by electraglideblue View Post
Make sure you check the undercarriage for frame and axel rust.
Is that a big problem? And what is the fix for that, sand it off and repaint?

2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #31

Officially sold our Rpod 182G yesterday. Now just waiting on delivery of our 2306 to the dealer. Pretty excited to not have to breakdown the dinette every night.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #32

GOT THE CALL today... our 2306 comes off-line April 15!
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #33

The countdown is on... 6-days and a wake-up (next Friday) until we pick up the new unit. We're all excited to get out there and camp in our new massively spacious 2306... Lol. Unfortunately, the TV is not cooperating... The Armada is in the shop to take care of an "odd noise." Hopefully it will be out in time to make the trip.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #34

Quote:
The countdown is on... 6-days and a wake-up (next Friday) until we pick up the new unit. We're all excited to get out there and camp in our new massively spacious 2306... Lol. Unfortunately, the TV is not cooperating... The Armada is in the shop to take care of an "odd noise." Hopefully it will be out in time to make the trip.
It will be here soon! You should ask your dealer what kind of start up materials they are going to give you, and then load up on the essentials. I would also suggest finding a campground in your city for the first trip, because once you get in it you will realize lots of things you don't have.
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post

It will be here soon! You should ask your dealer what kind of start up materials they are going to give you, and then load up on the essentials. I would also suggest finding a campground in your city for the first trip, because once you get in it you will realize lots of things you don't have.
I booked at a KOA about 10-minutes away. Last time we made the mistake of camping 2-hours away for our first trip. That Was poor planning... Pretty much forgot everything... Lol.
Although i know there is one included, I'm not really sure whats all included in the start up kit. We really don't need much. We went overboard last year and have most items well stocked.
Just a quick question... Are there reading lights anywhere for the Murphy bed (under the cabinet, maybe) or is it just the ceiling lights?
How's the new unit? Likes/dont likes? Any problems? I'm reading about melting light switches on some Rockwoods... Any issues there?
Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #36

Not sure with the murphy bed on the reading lights. We have the Flagstaff version (23lb) without the murphy bed. Ours came with LED lights so no problems with melting switches. We were told by the rep that they are now using LED as standard. I am sure Rockwood is the same, I think the only difference is the stickers on the side.
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #37

Quote:

I booked at a KOA about 10-minutes away. Last time we made the mistake of camping 2-hours away for our first trip. That Was poor planning... Pretty much forgot everything... Lol.
Although i know there is one included, I'm not really sure whats all included in the start up kit. We really don't need much. We went overboard last year and have most items well stocked.
Just a quick question... Are there reading lights anywhere for the Murphy bed (under the cabinet, maybe) or is it just the ceiling lights?
How's the new unit? Likes/dont likes? Any problems? I'm reading about melting light switches on some Rockwoods... Any issues there?
Everything has been great so far except the handles on the grip. The grill itself is great,however the bolts on the handles are too short and the handles come apart easily. I am going to get longer bolts. There are no reading lights above the Murphy bed, however there are plugs on each side of the bed below the shelf. Each bunk has lights. All lights are LED except the porch lights. We are still very happy with the camper. We have replaced the shower head with one from camping world hat was suggested on this forum, but I can't remember the name. We also put in some shelves in the cabinets and I am going to do the same, with some hooks, in the front storage compartments that I am using for hoses, cords, tools, etc. the bumper holds outer septic hose well, however the end caps come lose easily, so I might replace those.
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #38

So KDHfan nailed my biggest complaint with our flagstaff 23lb on the head. We had the Murphy bed option, and there are no reading lights beside the bed. The wife picked up some small lamps from Walmart for when we have ac power (a rarity) and then this winter we picked up a pack of battery powered led lights from Costco (these are talked about alot through the forum) for when we're boondocking. Other then that my only other complaint is lack of outdoor storage due to the Murphy bed mech. But it's not that big of a deal, we have space or everything.
Edgycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #39

One more thing I wish it had a tall closet for hanging wet jackets and such, but that's also what the shower is for!
Edgycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #40

Thanks. I'm leaning towards putting a stick-up LED light under each cabinet.
I think our Rpod came with the same grill. That one had a broken handle upon arrival and we never replaced it... we replaced the grill instead with a smaller one.
Phil... is this the shower head you referenced?
Oxygenics 60120 SkinCare Showerhead, Chrome - Amazon.com