Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #1

Rockwood Roo 25RS Opinions?

We currently are in the middle of our 4th camping season with a 2011 Mini-lite 2306. Looking to upgrade to something with a slide out for extra floor space. The 2306 barely fits in our driveway so thought the 25RS would be perfect with the rear bed slide. Anyone have one? Pros/Cons?
rlmcinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #2

We went to a RV show in Tampa FL one weekend in January and to another one the next weekend in Atlanta. In Tampa, we saw the Roo 25RS and did not buy it because 2 were sold almost at the same time and I did not want to wait for it to come in from the factory. In Atlanta, we saw a Shamrock 25RS and ask what the difference was and the gentleman we first talked to was from the FR factory and told us that they were the same and made in the same building. We decided to buy the Shamrock 25RS.

One of the main reasons why was because of the floor space. We did not have any of this in our pop-up. I was very grateful for this last week when it RAINED every day of our vacation (especially Wednesday and Thursday).

We have 3 in our family but found out that the 25RS will sleep 6 very comfortable (possibly 8 comfortably) Memorial Day weekend. I know that the dinette makes a bed and should sleep 2 but our cushions do not make a flat bed. The back cushions are thicker than the bottom cushions. The sofa will sleep one adult well (2 tightly) or 2 small children.

One thing that the 25RS does not have is much clothes storage. We went to Wal-mart an bought 2 - 3 drawer Sterilite stackable storage containers. We stack them on top of one another when the dinette slide is slid out but set them on the floor while traveling. I have also bought a large utility bag from thirty-one and put all our towels in it that stores nicely on the floor when traveling and on the shelf in the bathroom when camping.

We have had our Shamrock since February 8 and have taken it out 5 or 6 times and have LOVED camping in it every time! We have had only 2 problems - rear slide blew several fuses but the dealer put a resettable fuse in and it works great and a leak in the create-a-breeze in the bathroom - also an easy fix at the dealer. I know that we did not make a bad choice by buying the Shamrock 25RS.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #3

We bought our Roo 25rs this year and just love it, no major problems except for the back slide blowing fuses only at home, changed our ext. cord to sa lower gauge and haven't had a problem since, the resetable fuse is a good option though to be safe..I've always carries spare fuses anyhow.

Pretty much the same issues Vikingsfan has about storage, but is usually an easy fix.

We bought this for living space and it has been great, bought a couple chairs from Ikea where we could set up for extra seating [game night] had 9 ppl in the trailer playiomg with no problem.

No issues with dinette as bed, had 2 adults there, bought a 2 inch foam topper to place on top of dinette when down.

The slide bed is up alittle higher but bought a step stool so easier for DW to get in and out.

I was dissappointed at first at the lack of posting for the 25rs on this forum but as you can see this trailer is very rarely brought up, which is a good thing here due to most of the posting are about problems with their TTs'....would like to see any postings about mods for this trailer though...
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #4

Thanks for your feedback regarding the roo and shamrock! I looked at an outback that was similar at the campground, but it's about 1000 pounds heavier and not sure why..looks the same. Trying to find the roo or shamrock at a dealer to take a real life look at, but so far, not having any luck locating one by me. You would think living in Chicago near Indiana, the rv capital of the US, it would be easy!
rlmcinty is offline   Reply With Quote