Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 23
Rockwood ultralite

Have 2013 Rockwood Ultralite. Wondering where the antenna power booster is located if I have one and also have switch under overhead cabinet to left of front door as you enter. Can not figure out what this switch does. Any help out there?
__________________

rgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:37 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 176
Rockwood ultralite

I have a 2017. The switch on mine where you are describing turns the awning led lights on
__________________

Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeejr View Post
I have a 2017. The switch on mine where you are describing turns the awning led lights on


Thanks. I donít have awning lights but there is wiring for them and it makes since.
rgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgood View Post
Thanks. I donít have awning lights but there is wiring for them and it makes since.


Not to bother you again but when I looked not sure how they would plug in, if I had them. I can see the wiring down the awning arm.
rgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:14 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,462
Assuming you have the usual crank up Winegard antenna, you should have a wall plate where the antenna cable from your TV plugs into the wall. Looks like this:



The little button on the right turns the booster on and off; there's an LED that lights when it's on. (Note: The booster is actually in the antenna, this just turns it on and off.)

I've attached a manual for it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winegard Wall Plate Amp.pdf (141.7 KB, 10 views)
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:11 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Assuming you have the usual crank up Winegard antenna, you should have a wall plate where the antenna cable from your TV plugs into the wall. Looks like this:







The little button on the right turns the booster on and off; there's an LED that lights when it's on. (Note: The booster is actually in the antenna, this just turns it on and off.)



I've attached a manual for it.


I have the wall plate but nothing is plugged into it yet tv works. I donít know.
rgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:20 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
XenoRev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgood View Post
I have the wall plate but nothing is plugged into it yet tv works. I donít know.
You have to have the power on for the antenna to work. The amplifier passes very little si gnal without power.
__________________
2018 Salem 27DBK
2004 Ram Quad 1500
Days past:1996 Coachman Capri-Ruby Ed. 27DS
1995 GMC Yukon Sport
1986 Jayco1016PUP
Days Camped:'13-10 '14-20 '15-6 '16-9 '17-14 '18-3
XenoRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:22 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
fonzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgood View Post
I have the wall plate but nothing is plugged into it yet tv works. I donít know.
That is because TV is connected in the back of the plate.
__________________
Fonzie
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped:2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
That is because TV is connected in the back of the plate.


Thank you so much. I thought that was the reason as all of the wiring goes through the wall. Older but fairly new to RVing but love it. Still learning .
rgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgood View Post
Not to bother you again but when I looked not sure how they would plug in, if I had them. I can see the wiring down the awning arm.
I suspect you have a power awning? And the wires you see are for it? just guessing.
Hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:33 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
I suspect you have a power awning? And the wires you see are for it? just guessing.


You are right. Figured that out after sending message. A little slow . Thanks
__________________

rgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lite, rockwood, ultralite

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.


×