Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2021, 09:47 PM   #21

We ordered on12/28/2020 and were told late April delivery. We took delivery on 4/16/21. We camped over the weekend near the dealer. We are very happy with the build quality, everything worked and are overwhelmed by the technology.

I was told if we ordered today that turn around would be 6 months. At this time My SP said of 600 units on their lot 16 were available to sell.
2003 Utah Pop-Up
“Wanna Be” fisherman
I’d rather be sailing!
olbutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:52 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by molf21 View Post
If they take your order and deposit the price is in writing. They cannot legally raise the price.

They absolutely can and have done this. I have two dealerships that I got this info from. They have every right to change the price if the manufacturers raise their price before they receive shipment and can reject the order. The only thing they HAVE to do, legally, is refund any deposits you put down on the unit. And, the thing that sucks about it is that they don't care because they'll have another buyer lined up to purchase your unit within a day or two.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:04 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmslt View Post
This, specifically, is the shenanigans that I'm referring to! We ordered ours the exact same day and were told 12 weeks max. You got a more realistic timeframe. The whole point of the this thread was more as a PSA - to broadcast that these dealers and manufacturers don't have any idea. Anyways, happy camping!
Your "PSA" sounds more like a News Headline that after you Read it has very little "Parallel" to the issue! "Breaking Headline News"?? Youroo!!
Old 04-20-2021, 11:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Nope, but they can hand your deposit back to you and send you packing. And you’re not gonna find what you ordered on the lot, so your only option is to wait 5 or 6 more months or bite the bullet and form over the extra cash.

Not if you get it in writing. Which I did.
You have to read their contract and use that as a negotiating tool.
molf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:22 AM   #25

Quote:

So, what you have in writing is a price protection guarantee that they'll not pass those increases on to you. That's a good thing to have because most dealerships WILL NOT and ARE NOT doing this any longer. Especially with the upcoming price increase. The past two or three percent price jumps were not as bad for the dealer to absorb. However, the dealers simply cannot afford to lose up to 8 percent. Plus, they'll make more money to refund your deposits, let you walk, then turn around and sell your RV to someone else for 8 percent more within a couple of days. Simple supply and demand business decision for them to make. I got that harsh, but reality tidbit from the dealers I spoke with.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
So, what you have in writing is a price protection guarantee that they'll not pass those increases on to you. That's a good thing to have because most dealerships WILL NOT and ARE NOT doing this any longer. Especially with the upcoming price increase. The past two or three percent price jumps were not as bad for the dealer to absorb. However, the dealers simply cannot afford to lose up to 8 percent. Plus, they'll make more money to refund your deposits, let you walk, then turn around and sell your RV to someone else for 8 percent more within a couple of days. Simple supply and demand business decision for them to make. I got that harsh, but reality tidbit from the dealers I spoke with.

The factory rep was there and also told the dealer that orders placed with them prior to a price increase are price protected by the manufacturer. Sounds like shady dealings to me. I ordered a Rockwood.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:55 AM   #27

Quote:
The factory rep was there and also told the dealer that orders placed with them prior to a price increase are price protected by the manufacturer. Sounds like shady dealings to me. I ordered a Rockwood.

You were very fortunate to have had a factory person there when you bought yours. Not everyone had that luck and were told their RV's were going to cost them more than what their dealers buyer order had on it.

I think that absolutely sucks and would be so PISSED if they tried that with me. More than shady, if you ask me. But, in the end, the dealer is a business and if the manufacturer hikes their price too high to eat it, they do not have to sell an RV to you if they don't want to. They have every right, but I don't agree with it.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:07 PM   #28
Heatpad/Recliner Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankG View Post
This the one you are looking for?

Similar to my Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS(also Forest River) relatively easy to tow even with my Tacoma TRD Sport
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200723_180135.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	601.9 KB
ID:	252639  

Christopher J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:23 PM   #29

Send a message via Skype™ to PopupCamping
Where did you get the contact info for manufacturer to follow up on your order?
Old 04-22-2021, 07:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmslt View Post
Well, it appears my worst fear has come to fruition! RV Wholesalers has absolutely no idea of delivery date for our new Rockwood Mini Lite 2509s order and I feel obligated to let you all know our situation.
Ordered a new 2509s mid-February with a delivery date of late April/early May. Ran our credit and took our $1k deposit. We've checked in frequently and gotten the 'check back later' update. Well, this week the update was maybe June +, and then now we'd be luck to take receipt by August! Naturally, RVW passed the buck onto Rockwood's error. While I believe that to an extent, I do believe there is a bit of shenanigans by both parties. They clearly are not on the same page regarding orders, build dates, nor delivery dates.
Not writing this to shame either RVW or Rockwood specifically, but feel compelled to let those who were promised a spring time delivery of our situation. Hope your situation fairs better than ours! Happy camping (eventually)!
This happening is many areas of business segment today. If you order a car or truck, and you are waiting at least 4 months. Some of the delays are for electronic parts to finish the builds as computer chips demand has outpaced supply.

The only thing you can do is be patient or buy what’s on the lot.
jlynn721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:08 PM   #31

Some time restraints.

We just talked to our Powersports dealer yesterday. He has every unit sold before it arrives. He could sell more but just like the RV dealers he can't get the units. Many units waiting for delivery but waiting for after market parts that are also slow to arrive for the same reasons as the RV industry.

Secondary problem is help. He just added on to his shop and has more room for setup and service. He can't get anyone to answer a help wanted ad, blames it on the big add-on to unemployment. Many people getting $900 or more a week, they don't want to work.

The free money to the unemployed is going to kill this country when it is more than they can make working their job.

2016 t28FQDX Shockwave,
New Provider tires 10/31/18 ,
2021 Chev LT 3500
2020 Polaris RZR 900 Fox Edition
herbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:02 AM   #32

What you are seeing is that happens when most of the world is using the supply on demand supply system. Any issues in production along the way means end user delays.

I find it hilarious that so many folks are highly upset and panicked because it is the first time they have experienced stock shortages. They have money are are being told 'no, not available at any price, and no anticipated in stock date'.

People are discovering that most internet "stores" are only pretty fronts for a few manufacturers, and they are ordering parts that have not been made yet. And with the "supply on demand" process now unstable, no one really know how long anything will take. This is across the board folks.

Wait until the water systems, or electrical systems, or most utility conveniences folks rely on, are disrupted because of lack of repair parts. It is coming.
HDGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:22 AM   #33

Ordered our Geo Pro 19FD last week of Jan. Date its suppose to be finished built is May 18'th. Our Dealer was adamant about it being a 14 week lead time.
Everything being (mostly anyway) built now is live order.

Just take this time to get things acquired. Enjoy
TimK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:14 AM   #34

Now HIRING

We just got back from the Elkhart area visiting the MH Museum and some Geocaching.

Another problem they are facing is they cannot hire enough people, not just them but everyone. There are Now Hiring signs all over the place. Fast Food places state they are hiring at $14-$15.50 an hour for days shifts. A couple of the TT factories have signs out for $17-$18 an hour.
tyler811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:52 AM   #35

Quote:
So you’re saying that they gave you, in writing, a guarantee that they would NOT under any circumstances return your money and cancel your order? They MUST provide you a trailer at the agreed price within a certain time frame?
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #36

Quote:
When we’re you told this? My understanding is that this has always been the case- manufacturers honored pricing at the time retail orders were placed but not units ordered for stock. This has all gone out the window with the volatility in the markets and major jumps in pricing of raw materials.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:22 AM   #37

If you want to keep up with the latest news in the RV industry, Josh the RV Nerd does regular video updates. What has been said in this thread is pretty much inline with what he has been saying.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:12 PM   #38

Quote:
When we’re you told this? My understanding is that this has always been the case- manufacturers honored pricing at the time retail orders were placed but not units ordered for stock. This has all gone out the window with the volatility in the markets and major jumps in pricing of raw materials.

February 7,2021
Old 04-23-2021, 05:15 PM   #39

Quote:
So you’re saying that they gave you, in writing, a guarantee that they would NOT under any circumstances return your money and cancel your order? They MUST provide you a trailer at the agreed price within a certain time frame?

Just pricing. The time frame was just what Rockwood was averaging at that time.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:12 PM   #40

I'm now a permanent subscriber to the Josh The RV Nerd YouTube channel. I have been to Haylett RV in person when I lived in Michigan. A nice little dealer that has really grown!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
If you want to keep up with the latest news in the RV industry, Josh the RV Nerd does regular video updates. What has been said in this thread is pretty much inline with what he has been saying.
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote