Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2021, 01:37 PM   #1

RV Wholesalers vs Wana

RV Wholesalers $4,000 more than Wana

Rv- $1,000 deposit price lock non refundable

Wana- $1,000 deposit refundable- price changes with manufacturer

Sounds unfavorable either way.
RooMan183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 02:17 PM   #2

Just recently I've begun to notice RVW has higher prices than some other dealers around my area. I suspect it is as you say because of their practice of price protecting. The hopeful person inside me thinks these price increases have just about reached their peak. The more realistic side of me is scared that it hasn't. I am just going to have to keep my current RV for a long time before upgrading I guess. I don't see how these massive prices can continue. People will eventually vote with their pocketbooks. I'm very surprised it hasn't happened yet.
FrankH35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 02:45 PM   #3

Generally speaking, buyers need to deal and look out for their best interests, just like dealers do. And just as some dealers do sketchy stuff, some buyers do, too. Likewise, both know that their best interests are aligned with making sure that the other party's needs are met, too.

In my purchase quest, I priced with 15 dealers, and built a spreadsheet that included extras, costs of obtaining, ease of working with, etc.

RVW wasn't the cheapest, but they were close. Wana was the lowest price, but was further away from me... Price increases weren't rampant at this time, but shortages were.

I gave RVW the chance to pricematch Wana (or, rather, determine how much profit they would make on my order) – which they did*– and then gave the order to RVW. I wouldn't hesitate to work with EITHER dealership. They were both responsive, knowledgeable and wanted my business. My pickup at RVW was painless.

They are both following their own sales models. RVW is going to take the price increase risk away from the equation, and needs to be compensated for such. Wana is likely giving the BEST price with a fixed markup, but that has to float on industry pricing.

Work honorably in your own best interest, and do what you think is best. With RVW being 4k above Wana, I likely would try to erode the RVW price while preserving the service level and locked in price.

All that being said, you likely just showed your hand a little (Hi, dealers!).

Good luck! Seems like it's a hard time in the marketplace for everybody.
15kBTU AC; 12v fridge; 1kW roof-mounted solar panels; 80 amp MPPT charge controller; 3,500w pure sine wave inverter; 30a automatic transfer switch; MicroAir EasyStart, 600ah Chins LiFePo; Honda EU2200i (with Hutch Mountain propane conversion kit) gathering dust in the storage unit.
Rhumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote