Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #1

Safe T Alert

Any suggestions for replacing the Co2 and LP sensor made by SafeTAlert. Im on my second one and the darn thing detects everything but LP late at night usually. I have no leaks.
milton_w_herron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #2

No real help here but I have been experiencing the same thing. I read online that dogs can set them off by farting. Not sure if that is true or not but we had our dog water bowl by ours and it kept going off one day. We moved it and it seemed to quit.

Kind of sick but funny story... after some drinking and great food I told the wife I bet I could set it off with a fart. Sure enough I farted right into it and it went off. Not sure if its supposed to work like that but I won the bet!
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLaudy View Post
No real help here but I have been experiencing the same thing. I read online that dogs can set them off by farting. Not sure if that is true or not but we had our dog water bowl by ours and it kept going off one day. We moved it and it seemed to quit.

Kind of sick but funny story... after some drinking and great food I told the wife I bet I could set it off with a fart. Sure enough I farted right into it and it went off. Not sure if its supposed to work like that but I won the bet!
There's some methane in LP and there's some methane in farts.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:55 PM   #4
2012 Solera

I went with separate CO and LP detectors. Although the LP detector is by the same manufacturer, the separates have been "better behaved" than the combo detector was.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
I went with separate CO and LP detectors. Although the LP detector is by the same manufacturer, the separates have been "better behaved" than the combo detector was.
Out of curiosity which detectors did you get?
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #6

I fought with ours for 2 years off and on as well as safe-t-alert customer service. Sure enough it likes to alarm between 2 and 6 am that's mostly due to weather. Their is so many variables to trigger an alarm such as dog fart, stored cleaning chemicals, your toilet only few feet away, flooring material, as well as low battery volts i was becoming stressed. I took mine out and flipped it over so the sensor was further from the floor and have had way less alarms. Also crack vent above toilet.
cohuttariverrat is offline   Reply With Quote