Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #1

satellite tv settings

We just bought rockwood 8281ss. We can't figure out how to get satellite tv to work. What do we change the input setting on tv to? Do we change the switch on that little control panel? Do we wire to that white panel or to the coax outlet or right to the tv? HELP!
Happy Camper 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #2

I have the same camper, and I have not tried to connect the satellite yet, but I would assume you need to connect the red, white, and yellow connections from the satellite to the white connection box and select satellite and set the TV input to AV1. Your coax cable should be connected to the outside connector, and on the inside connect the coax to the bottom one on the panel that says SAT and then connect that to the receiver and you should be good.

Rodney
rodupr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #3

Do you have a sat receiver in the trailer? Do you have a sat antenna on the trailer, or connected to the sat in on the outside of the trailer? Without those two things there is no satellite TV. Who is your satellite provider?
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Rodney is correct on how to hook up your SAT.

Never use the TV connection as it goes through the pre-amp. The SAT F-connection on the wall plate goes DIRECTLY to the SAT F-connection on the outside cable/sat box; bypassing the switched amp completely.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #5

I have a VuQube 2000 and a Toshiba LCD tv. When I use the satellite I have to go into the system setup and configure the tv to receive "cable".
I can't do it by using the "input" button on the remote. I have to go into the tv's "setup" through the "menu" button.
On my remote I press "menu", then select "installation", then "antenna/cable" then select "cable" and exit.
I also have to make sure the antenna booster is not on. It's located on the brown receptacle where you connect the cable from your receiver. The green light will be OFF.
I tune the tv to channel 3 then fire it all up. I had some other satellite configuring to do after the initial installation but now I just turn it on and hit one button to tell the dish to find the satellites.
As far as the white panel with all the RCA jacks. I've used it to send the sound from my satellite receiver through the Concertone but not the video. I'm going to try HERK7769's setup next time.
I hope some of this will help.
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote