Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #1

Searching for 2604WS Instructional Videos

I am trying, without success, to find instructional videos on the internet for setting up, operating, and tearing down a Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604WS. My 2015 model will be arriving in about 3 or 4 weeks and, as a first time camper, I am trying to learn as much as possible in advance. So far, the only thing I am finding on the internet is dealers with their video sales pitches and superficial walk-through's. I am amazed that Forest River offers so little instructional help for new and first time owners. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
cbence1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Site Team

no such thing exists, unless some owner on YouTube posted one.

as you found, a walk-through video by a dealer is about it.
and don't expect the owner's manual to offer anything specific to your model or even type of RV.
most manufacturers only provide a generic manual that covers general RV systems and nothing specific to your model.
and most RV manufacturers don't provide instructional videos either, not just FR.

that's why you should insist on a very thorough PDI.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:53 AM   #3

As a first time camper, first thing is backing up your camper. Unless this is not an issue for you, then once that is done leveling from left to right. Before of course detaching your hitch. I usually carry a 3' level in my truck. When you get your camper where you like it, check your level. Then add leveling blocks, boards or what ever your preference is to level your camper with. Once that is done. Front to rear. That's easy with your power jack. Again, I use my 3' level and find a point inside the camper before I open the slide. But that's me, I'm sure everyone has their way of doing this. Once that is done, extend your slide and lower your scissor jacks. I my self don't like having them fully extended. I use the leveling blocks to lower my jacks on. You just want to tweak them. Half turn to 3/4 turn only. I feel it makes the camper rock less. Also besides the jacks and wheel chocks, I use the X-Bal between each wheel. To stabilize the camper even more. The less bounce the better. Maybe this might be an over kill but it helps while someone is trying to sleep and the camper doesn't rock. This was to me the best investment for the money. And also I stabilize the main steps that I use while I camp. Which is for me the back steps. Then from there just plug in turn your fridge to auto. Connect your water supply line. Very important. Run your water and get all the air out of your lines, that will fill up your hot water heater, then you can turn on the HWH switch on the control panel and the switch out side behind the hot water heater cover. You need to bend down a bit to see the on/off switch behind the tube. Raise your TV antenna if needed. Do a scan of your channels. Pull up a chair and a BBQ, and relax and enjoy. If anyone feels that I left something out, please add to this post. I hope this helps you, but as you get used to your new camper you will get your routine down your way. Happy camping. I absolutely love mine.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:58 AM   #4
dap

If possible videotape or record PDI.
To much information to absorb at one time plus the excitement of new trailer.
I have a 2604SS very nice.
Main thing is to enjoy and ask questions.
dap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbence1947 View Post
My 2015 model will be arriving in about 3 or 4 weeks and, as a first time camper, I am trying to learn as much as possible in advance.
What do you mean by "arriving"?
Are you buying from a local dealer or did you buy on-line from a "wholesaler" and the unit is coming directly to you?
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #6

I purchased from my local dealer. He didn't have a 2015 in stock, so he ordered one from the factory, which is scheduled to arrive around July 1st.
cbence1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #7

rockwood 2604ws - YouTube

Here is a link to YOUTUBE.
cgotto1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #8
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbence1947 View Post
I purchased from my local dealer. He didn't have a 2015 in stock, so he ordered one from the factory, which is scheduled to arrive around July 1st.
Then do a thorough PDI at the dealer, preferably with the shop foreman, not a salesman.
Have him show you how to do everything. And do it. Don't let them tell you how, make them show you how. Here's a partial list of what I mean:
*Turn on all appliances including lighting the oven pilot, operation of the water heater, furnace and A/C, flush and fill the toilet
*Make sure the outside flap on the range vent hood opens and that fan works
*Operate all the windows. Make sure they open and close. Same with the window covers (blinds or shades)
*Operate the TV antenna and demonstrate the Genesis 3.0 sound system and all of its functions. Check all speakers, inside and out.
*Pull out and set up the sofa bed
*Take down and set up the dining table (always travel with the table down)
*Operate the power awning, including what to do if the motor fails
*Demonstrate how to hook up all hoses, water and sewer and dump tanks
*Demonstrate procedure for winterizing and changing the water filter
*Demonstrate the manual operation of both slides, stabilizers and tongue jack
*Demonstrate hitch and unhitch sequence
*Find all the warning, operation and data stickers
You will be looking at the fit and finish of every inch of the trailer. Have some one in service look at the roof and inspect the under carriage.
Do mnot settle for a "this is the stove, that's the sink..." kind of PDI. You're spending big bucks - make 'em earn it.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:47 PM   #9

AMEN Awellis3!!!! I learned that lesson the HARD way!!! Never again.
2020 is a BUST!
ejknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #10

You have a good point, my PDI was not as involved as your description. Wish it was now that I think back. Very important that they take time and show you everything. Ask questions. Write a list of questions. Don't think anything is not important. And don't let them rush you thru it. Good luck with the new camper, your gonna love it.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgotto1204 View Post
rockwood 2604ws - YouTube

Here is a link to YOUTUBE.
the OP is asking for an instructional video. this is just a dealer walk-through which i mentioned on Post #2, just showing the features of the trailer, not how to use it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #12
Arn
Arn

PDI will give you a lot of the info you are looking for. don't wait to find out on the forum what a certain switch does. On the PDI if it opens, open it. If it can be pressed, press it. If it turns, turn it. I'm sure you get the point. Don't be intimidated & don't worry about taking too long on your inspection. If you need to take 2 hours or more, so be it. The idea is to make sure everything works & you know how to use it. When you drive off the dealers lot you should already know the basics of set up, operation & tear down. Also, as a first time camper, don't be afraid to never leave the driveway on your first trip. It's amazing what you can learn on your own.

Tags