Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #41

Pull your toilet and check it. I had the bad Oder issue for over a year and tried everything under the sun. I finally pulled the toilet and found somehow it leaked internally and the smell came from the opening in the back of the toilet that was full of waste fluid. Replaced the toilet and everything is great now. They put in the cheapest toilets in they can get away with at the factory.
grands24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:48 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarriola311 View Post
I have the same travel trailer and had the same problem. I am confident you have a defective Dometic toilet. Use your cell phone to get the model number/serial number off the side of the toilet (it is difficult to get as it is on the side next to the tub) and call Dometic. If it is within the range of known defective units, and I would bet it is, they will send a new one to you quickly. It is relatively simple to replace the unit. You will be a much happier camper!
Thank you for your reply. I have the same problem of stinky urine smell. I called Dometic, they checked serial # and a new design toilet is on the way.
Without this forum, my Dw would still be blaming me for poor aim.
Jzollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:59 PM   #43
Ree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzollner View Post
Thank you for your reply. I have the same problem of stinky urine smell. I called Dometic, they checked serial # and a new design toilet is on the way.
Without this forum, my Dw would still be blaming me for poor aim.

Were these the ceramic toilets or plastic?

At one of our businesses we had a sign in the men's bathroom.

WE AIM TO PLEASE
YOUR AIM WILL HELP

Just a bit of humor!
Old 01-16-2020, 08:03 PM   #44

300 series from a 2018 FR travel trailer. It is plastic.
Jzollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:43 PM   #45

I searched these boards for a problem we were having with a urine Odor in our camper. As many have mentioned, the odor was caused from a manufacture flaw in the Dometic 300 series toilet design. I contacted CS at Dometic. They shipped me a 310 series replacement Toliet, for $50, which has a porcelain top, plastic base. We’ve had our 2019 Flagstaff Micro lite for about a year, so I was shocked with how nasty the old toilet had become. I took the old one to the landfill today. The Replacement job was a fairly simple task, took me less than an hour. If you have a 300 series in your camper, get rid of it. Thanks to everyone providing information with on the 300 Dometic toilet.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:32 PM   #46

300 Dometic toilet leak caused smell

Same thing here in our 2018 Flagstaff 27BHWS. 300 series toilet leaked betwen the two halves while gone for a month filling cavities w/water & leaked between the 2 halves onto the floor. Dealer said they could not duplicate the problem even though could see stains coming from the seam of the toilet. So I called Dometic & they verified the toilet had been assembled incorrectly & would send a new toilet & keep the old for parts or up grade to a 310 porcelain toilet for $50. see post #37.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:12 PM   #47

So our dealer was able to resolve the issue, it happened to be what some had mentioned, the vent tubes had come loose from the tanks and had to be reset and tightened. They had to drop the under belly cover to access the tanks and fix the issue. The sorry part was it was not covered by our extended warranty, the warranty company considered it maintenance since nothing was actually broken, it was an adjustment that was needed. So we had to pay 1.5 hour of labor for the fix. The good news is Dometic said our toilet was covered under the faulty toilets and they offered us the upgrade 310 for $75 shipped. So we have that on order. Would never have known had it not been for this forum. Thanks for all the information!!
efiguero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:46 PM   #48

So we had the smell issue return again while on our vacation last week. Dealer said we needed to flush our black tank better. So we tried what they suggested and it seemed to help. Now that we are home, I will do it a little better and see. Also, the toilet arrived, will be installing soon. Order some of the 360 vent caps to see if that will help also. Fingers crossed.
efiguero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:05 PM   #49

Possibly been the toilet along.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:28 AM   #50

called dometic about our 300 leaking in back defective stink toilet. too old over two years so they can’t help not even offer me the $75 upgrade deal. it’s a defective design so I call BS on them.

so kicking off the season buying a new toilet... $&!?/&&@
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFDBA87D-842D-4CD0-93E1-03DC602FEA16.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	223388  
jldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:58 PM   #51

My 2020 Forest River 22RR came equipped with the Dometic 300 toilet. I don't know how old the toilet actually is, since this same trailer was delivered with a 2016 (YES, 2016) Dometic fridge. About 2 months after buying the trailer, the toilet started to smell bad. Every trip, by about the 3rd day, we were overwhelmed by the smell. CW had no idea what the problem could be. I suspected the seal at the bottom of the toilet. However, after pulling the toilet, I noticed that there was liquid inside the toilet, but not in the bowl. It is obviously a failure of the seal between the 2 halves of the toilet. I'll be returning it tomorrow. Either my toilet is old, or Dometic hasn't fixed the seal problem. This manufacturing defect is still out there in "NEW" trailers. ...real bummer.
IDRVer_lovinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 02:08 PM   #52

We experienced the same problem with our 2019 2509s this spring. I called Dometic customer service in July, gave them the serial number on the 300 series toilet and the VIN for our trailer and they upgraded us to a 310 model for $75. Install was easy and no problems since then. There were many comments on this in our facebook group. Dometic was very helpful with us, sorry if thats not the case with others.