Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #1

Sink dropped into cabinet

2019 2604WS. The sink appears to have been held in place by adhesive that failed. I have 2 questions:

1. What adhesive should be used to reattach the sink?

2. More importantly, how do you hold up the sink to have the adhesive dry? The sink is glued to the underside of the counter if I am correct.

Thanks in advance.
mlawler506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:23 PM   #2

Cool

Use a high quality silicone adhesive. Make sure the underside of the countertop is very clean and dry. Then follow what is shown in this video. Fairly easy job.

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:24 PM   #3
Part-Time Campground Host

There are many threads on this subject. Just use the SEARCH function.
In our case I put a few eye bolts under the countertop and used some ratchet straps to pull the sink back up. I used liquid nails, let it dry, and then re-caulked. I left the straps in place. That repair has lasted 3 years and thousands of miles.
Hope this helps!
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1659
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:27 PM   #4
Part-Time Campground Host

I did order a set of these and carry them with us in the camper in case it fails again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sink clips.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	275991  
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1659
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:52 PM   #5

We have the same camper and model and the same thing happened to us. I broke what seal was left and let the sink rest on the plumbing below. I cleaned/scraped off all the old seal they used (which was very little) the used liquid nails to reseal it. It has been solid for a year now. I borrowed a few clamps from a neighbor that would spread out and used a couple of bottle jacks with 2x4’s to hold the sink up once it was glued. Was a pain but has worked well. You will need to remove the drawers and the sponge drawer.
Srockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:04 PM   #6

I just used scrap 2x4's and build a support frame under the sink.

2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2022 Ford F-350 Lariat, 4x4, CC, SRW, 7.3L
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:19 PM   #7

if ONLY adhesive
you can also rig up some 2 x 4 across the sink top
then use strong suction cups and some real small ratchet straps

depending on the type of material your counter top is made from you can add those mounting screws
Old 07-06-2022, 04:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawler506 View Post
2019 2604WS. The sink appears to have been held in place by adhesive that failed. I have 2 questions:

2. More importantly, how do you hold up the sink to have the adhesive dry? The sink is glued to the underside of the counter if I am correct.

Thanks in advance.
The link about how to install a sink is great. You have to create a vertical crutch to hold the sink in place until the adhesive dries.
bzac1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #9

Once repaired it's highly recommended to not travel with items in the sink. Any weight in a bottom mount sink can bounce up/down on the riads znd highways eventually knocking it loose again.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:49 PM   #10

Take a look at the sink sling you tube video. Best of luck.
Kampg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:04 PM   #11

sink adhesive

I've had very good luck with Loc Tite PL Marine. Very tough stuff.

Alternately 3M 4200 or 5200, 4200 is the more flexible of the two.

If you use either of the above, consider the installation PERMANENT. These are very very good adhesives.
Steve W indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:59 PM   #12

Sink Adhesive

My sink fell out within the 1st 6 months of owning my RV. Being in the countertop business we use a product called Black Mamba FHG. It is the only product we use to mount sinks. It does not need clips or wood supports. FYI Silicone will hold it but will release over time.
Badboat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 10:48 AM   #13

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I had bought a 2019

Flagstaff 26 rbws. and the first time I took it out my sink cave in .I took it back to the dealer and they took the countertop off place the sink under it and caulk it. they did a nice job .that's the way they are supposed to be
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 06:13 PM   #14

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions. My biggest problem will be access underneath the sink. Taking the drawers out appears to be an interesting activity. I will have to figure out how to remove drawers . Then I will have to contort myself to figure out a way to support the sink. There is electrical wiring and plumbing hoses in there to help make things more fun.
mlawler506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:16 AM   #15

My sink in my my2019 #2109 also dropped into the cabinet. Since I had 2 drawers directly below the sink which were my only point of access, I had to remove the horizontal rail from the face frame between the 2 drawers to provide enough access room. After poking around I found 2 of the 4 cheesy factory clips that were used to hold the sink up on the floor. The screws for the clips were all of 1/4" long, (if that). I reinstalled the original clips using longer screws, and also fabricated a few more clips and installed them.
Another thing I found while under there, was that there was quite a large gap between the trailer side wall and the top of the wheel well. Upon further inspection I discovered the screws holding the top of the wheel well inner skirt and the wall were basically screwed into only the sealant caulking they used at the factory rather than into anything solid (like the wall). Refastened the screws into the actual wall, and resealed, and good to go.

2019 Mini Lite 2109S
2021 GMC 1500 Sierra Elevation 3.0 Duramax Diesel
NevadaMiniLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:00 AM   #16

Sink Repair

My sink in our ultra light dropped while camping. Went to a local lowes and bought a construction adhesive that would work with stone and stainless.
After cleaning as well as I could I applied new adhesive. I had a walking stick and stuck it into the sponge drawer and under the sink. I then took cord and hung 2 cast iron skillets to the end. It worked as a lever to hold the sink in position till the adhesive dried.
daytona2612ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona2612ws View Post
My sink in our ultra light dropped while camping. Went to a local lowes and bought a construction adhesive that would work with stone and stainless.
After cleaning as well as I could I applied new adhesive. I had a walking stick and stuck it into the sponge drawer and under the sink. I then took cord and hung 2 cast iron skillets to the end. It worked as a lever to hold the sink in position till the adhesive dried.
Great thinking. It's amazing as camper what we figure out on the fly. It's part of the fun.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:35 AM   #18

https://creditkarmacdn-a.akamaihd.ne...2Cformat&dpr=2 if u can open this it's the way they fix mind
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:53 PM   #19

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona2612ws View Post
I'm nominating you for the Forest River Forums 2022 MacGyver Ingenuity Award.

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:29 PM   #20

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
The sink also fell out in my 21 FBRS Micro-Lite. Seems like a common problem. I used Loctite 60 minute epoxy to glue it back in place.

To keep the sink in place while the adhesive was setting I removed the two drawers under the sink and cut some 2x4s to correct length to prop the sink up.

I let it set for a few days before removing the 2x4s and putting the drawers back in.

https://www.loctiteproducts.com/en/p...extratime.html

I liked that it gave me extra time to spread the adhesive thoroughly, line everything up and insert the 2x4s before the adhesive started setting.

It has held for 3 years so far.
5.3 V8, 3:73 Rear, Tow Package

JKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink