Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2023, 09:29 PM   #1

Slide Motor Part Number or Specs

Hi All,

I have a 2017 Rockwood Minilite 2306RB at the end of last season the slide motor was starting to go. I had snapped a couple of pictures before putting it in storage for the winter and have since discovered that I believe they were deleted. Would anyone have a picture of the slide motor for this trailer or one of the similar ones?

Thanks in advance

Devin
Edgycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 09:06 AM   #2

Do you want a picture or a part number? I ask because your title says one thing and your post asks for another. With that said get hold of the Mfg with your vin and they should be able to provide the info you need. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 10:29 AM   #3

Thanks Seadog, I would take a picture OR a part number.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:20 PM   #4

Which type of slide do you have?
I have a 2019 Minilite 2506 with a through frame Lippert slide that failed in 2022. The motor was fine; the worm gear was jammed some how.
Silverback McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 04:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback McGee View Post
Which type of slide do you have?
I have a 2019 Minilite 2506 with a through frame Lippert slide that failed in 2022. The motor was fine; the worm gear was jammed some how.
I have a through frame lippert as well.
What were your signs and symptoms? Ours seems over the last few seasons to go out slower, and at the end of the season it sounded like the motor was running but the slide wasn't moving. Where is the worm gear located? In the actuator right at the motor? I was able to crank the slide out and in by hand which is why I assumed it was the motor.
Old 02-04-2023, 02:18 PM   #6

2104S Slide Info

We are considering purchasing a 2023 2104S and cannot find any info on the type of slide this model has. I noticed the older 2104S had a rack and pinion with a mechanical means to bring the slide in mechanically, if required.

Thanks

Ron
Old 02-04-2023, 04:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgycanuck View Post
I have a through frame lippert as well.
What were your signs and symptoms? Ours seems over the last few seasons to go out slower, and at the end of the season it sounded like the motor was running but the slide wasn't moving. Where is the worm gear located? In the actuator right at the motor? I was able to crank the slide out and in by hand which is why I assumed it was the motor.
When through frame slides with rack and pinion to equalize movement at each end starts to move slow it's a good sign the gear clusters at each support rail need lubrication.

Lippert has a video on their website showing the process.

It's very intuitive if one is mechanically inclined. Support outboard end of rail enough to tale weight off gear cluster rollers, pill bolt from square rod connecting gear clusters, remove two mounting bolts holding gear cluster.

Cluster will drop down and can be slipped off square rod.

Slip end plates away from gear and polymer rollers. Clean any crud from shaft and lube well with drying type silicone lube.

Reverse process to assemble ghen repeat on other end.

These gear clusters are exposed to road splash while raining as well as dust/road grir.

Lubing them a couple times a year will prevent a lot of problems, even if just a good soaking spray where shafts enter end plates.

DRY LUBES ONLY.

As for motor turns, no movement, if slide can be moved manually the actuator is OK.

Replacement gears for gearbox on end of actuator are available on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forest River Forums mobile app

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
When through frame slides with rack and pinion to equalize movement at each end starts to move slow it's a good sign the gear clusters at each support rail need lubrication.

Lippert has a video on their website showing the process.

It's very intuitive if one is mechanically inclined. Support outboard end of rail enough to tale weight off gear cluster rollers, pill bolt from square rod connecting gear clusters, remove two mounting bolts holding gear cluster.

Cluster will drop down and can be slipped off square rod.

Slip end plates away from gear and polymer rollers. Clean any crud from shaft and lube well with drying type silicone lube.

Reverse process to assemble ghen repeat on other end.

These gear clusters are exposed to road splash while raining as well as dust/road grir.

Lubing them a couple times a year will prevent a lot of problems, even if just a good soaking spray where shafts enter end plates.

DRY LUBES ONLY.

As for motor turns, no movement, if slide can be moved manually the actuator is OK.

Replacement gears for gearbox on end of actuator are available on Amazon.

Thanks alot, yes I've lived the gears alot, used dry lube as well as slide gear lube for lubing the gear clusters which is why I was wondering if it was on the motor or actuator side.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgycanuck View Post
Thanks alot, yes I've lived the gears alot, used dry lube as well as slide gear lube for lubing the gear clusters which is why I was wondering if it was on the motor or actuator side.
The gears and racks are not supposed to be lubed according to Lippert. ONLY the shafts where they go through the side plates. Hard to do unless they are actually removed so shaft can be exposed and cleaned/lubed as necessary.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, slide