Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #1

Slide Out Leaks?

Happy New Year

I wanted to know how many Rockwood owners and or Windjammer owners have experienced slide leaks. My current TH has given me a fit and do not want the same issue with the next purchase. The WJ 3065 has 3 slides and I love the room they provide, I do have concern with water intrusion. Once you have dealt with such a problem you never want to go through it again.
Thanks in advance for your input. And many thanks for your reply's in previous post.
SoundMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #2

First thing to do is get the slide toppers (awnings). The seals on the sides of the slide do a pretty good job of shedding water, but having water pooling on top of the slide is another matter, but one easily solved wth the toppers.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #3

Yep
Will never have another RV without them.
Thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #4

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Hi....We have the 2011 Rockwood windjammer 3065 w/the awning over all the slide's (3). We have had no leaks what so ever. Until we had the Dish installed so I could watch my NFL. The leak was right where they drilled threw the roof for the cable to get down to the TV. But we knew to watch for it. And it was fixed right after the first rain storm that we experienced. So No leaks !! Anywhere, by the way they came threw the roof in 2-places and we only had a very small leak in the rear drill hole,so they really did ok...all that was needed was a little more Dicor sealent...then I used the trusty old Eterna bond tape....all better!! We have had absolutly no problems with this camper other than that !! So knock on wood, the workmenship has been great! So I guess I'll never get a new one. If I do, we would jump over to the EVERGREEN RV products..all composite no wood at all. These are the best 5-Wheel and Travel Trailer's we ever looked at. We found out about them just after we picked up our Windjammer 3065. They dont have many floor plans yet but we looked at them at the Hershey RV show and were really impressed with the workmenship PLUS they have a 2 or 3 year bumper to hitch warranty best in the industry. Take a look at one if you get the chance !! We do love and are going to keep the Windjammer until it starts giving us problems !! None so far !! Take care and Happy Camping !!
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #5

Regarding the Evergreen campers, what do they use as a backing for the fibreglass exterior?
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #6

they use some sort of composite material.....the walls will not and can not de-laminate the way they are built. I believe there web site is goevergreenrv.com they they tell you everything you neeed to know there. they also came out with a smaller unit called the Edge. Looks real different..i personnally dont like the way it looks but at least they are doing things different and addressing all the quality problems of the past. Even the slide outs themselves move in/out on a different type of track. I really like the way there built. Check one out !! You can search for a dealer near you from the web site.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:29 AM   #7

Where is the best place to get slide toppers?
photon913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #8

I priced one out from camping world, seemed to be a ok price.

Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0 PSD
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD QC King Ranch
2006 Titanium 36E41MPRV Loaded
Old 01-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #9

Slide cover prices

Thanks Soundman,

I have a camping world 10 minutes away. I will check.

2003 F250 V10, 2008 Rockwood 8287ss
photon913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #10

Ours were installed at the factory (Windjammer-3065)as an option...but I believe any dealer can install them. Worth the money !!