No Concerns using Couch with Slide In
We have a 2016 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21FBRS with a couch slide. We have no concerns about sitting on the couch with the slide in for several reasons:
1. In order to put in the slideLock, a short person has to stand on the couch to reach it, thus full body-weight on the edge of the couch.
2. When the PID tech demonstrated the slideLock installation, he (all 200+lbs of him) stood on the edge of the couch to install it.
3. The slide has more side-wall support with the slide in than it does with the slide out.
4. When one sits on the edge of the couch when made into a bed with the slide out, there’s more leverage created than when one sits on the edge of the couch (non-bed) with the slide in.
5. When we had a motorhome, we hardly ever put the slide out while traveling. Never had a problem with using the couch.
Now if there are two HUGE people “romping in the hay” on the couch-bed, I’d be concerned whether the slide was in or out!