Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2015, 02:46 PM   #1

Small Flood

So my DW and I hit the CG for the first time this season, this past weekend.
Saturday night we were sitting around the campfire and she thought she heard rain. Well it turned out I had either left the bathroom sink cold water running a little or I accidentally hit the cold water handle when leaving the bathroom. Well as you can imagine, it filled the tank then the sink. It then overflowed and started running out into the kitchen and around the bed. What a mess!

Our murphy bed was tilted up so our pillows soaked up a bunch of the water but on the way to the front of the RV, the water ran under the dinette's storage too. Once it hit the front of the RV, it ran into the two outside storage areas.
So, after getting as much of the water sopped up as we could we popped the top vents a bit and fired up the heater and let it really heat up the inside. We left it at about 80 degrees for 2-3 hours or so.
The next morning we headed home and opened the RV up and let it dry out more. We opened any floor level doors, removed anything stored at floor level, opened all outside storage doors, opened all windows and vents for airflow.

Based on flow rate and the time I used the bathroom to the time we discovered the flood, I guestimate about 6 gallons actually ran through the RV.
So how do you think the floor under the vinyl is going to be after this. Will the vinyl have to be pulled up and the floor replaced or did our quick drying attempts maybe save the floor?

Oh, another thing. When I saw the bathroom sink full, I shot off the faucet then I ran out and hooked up the sewer hose to the sewer dump tank in our site. Thank god we had a full service site. I pulled the grey lever to drain it but the sink did not go down. I then pulled the black and it finally drained. I always thought the sinks went to the grey tank and only the toilet went to the black.

Not a fun way to start the 15 camping season for us.
Sign me, embarrassed...

lickem66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:13 PM   #2

One of my fears is flooding ours. Sorry it happened to you......

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Klbrown53 is offline   Reply With Quote