Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #1

Squeaky minilite floors

Any one else have squeaky floors. Our 2019 has and we can even feel where two peices of wood come together.
With one foot on each side of the squeak we can feel the two boards going up and down indefinitely.Its suppose to be tongue and groove.
Any one else have this?
Greg in Michigan
Greg in michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:54 PM   #2

No, but the first one I looked at did.
kamp-n-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:22 AM   #3
Site Team

I haven't heard of it before without water intrusion.

That's definitely something to have the dealer take care of. If it does flex both pieces should flex together.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:10 PM   #4
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Yes, mine does. The first day I had it home I sent an email to the dealership asking about the creaking area(s) and where I can feel the two boards as you describe. This is my first Rockwood and didn't know if it was normal or a problem. They told me that, if it is around the heating ductwork I might be feeling where the flooring is cut for the ductwork and one area, right in front of the kitchen sink, is where the heater is located. But for the other areas, no rhyme or reason that I can see. Just back from our second trip, I told them that I am going to put painters tape around the suspect areas and send them photos; they are going to have a technician look at them and let me know. I am scheduled for on-site service - awesome option for them to come to my house for minor work. I might have to bring it in once they see the pictures, but I wanted the issue documented in writing right away which is why I sent the email. You might want to do that regardless of whether or not you decide to bring it in. Please post what you find out.... thanks!
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:06 AM   #5
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper1962 View Post
Yes, mine does. The first day I had it home I sent an email to the dealership asking about the creaking area(s) and where I can feel the two boards as you describe. This is my first Rockwood and didn't know if it was normal or a problem. They told me that, if it is around the heating ductwork I might be feeling where the flooring is cut for the ductwork and one area, right in front of the kitchen sink, is where the heater is located. But for the other areas, no rhyme or reason that I can see. Just back from our second trip, I told them that I am going to put painters tape around the suspect areas and send them photos; they are going to have a technician look at them and let me know. I am scheduled for on-site service - awesome option for them to come to my house for minor work. I might have to bring it in once they see the pictures, but I wanted the issue documented in writing right away which is why I sent the email. You might want to do that regardless of whether or not you decide to bring it in. Please post what you find out.... thanks!

UPDATE: I put the painters tape at every area on the floor that felt or sounded odd to me and emailed it to the dealership. They asked me to bring it it, which I did. The service technician inspected and felt that it was normal but they sent the photos to the manufacturer for direction. Regardless of the outcome, that's really what I wanted, good documentation of existing conditions in case down the road I have an issue relating to one of those areas that requires repair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	184412   Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	184413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	184414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor4.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	184415  
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, lite